Home U.S. Coin Forum

Nice find in pocket change today

JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just putting my pocket change away and noticed a nice 40 Jeff in my change. Flipped it over and noticed this nice little beauty. Nice find from coffee change. image
Some coins are just plain "Interesting"

Comments

• cladkingcladking Posts: 28,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice!!

It's not often you can find a really great pre-1965 coin in change.

Looks XF or better too. Must have sat out a lot of years because someone noticed the variety.
    Tempus fugit.
  • sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    Great!
  • coppercoinscoppercoins Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭
    Very nice one, even though I don't collect nickels...I know how hard it is to find a nickel with a well defined mintmark area. Many of them are LDS and have a lot of die flow in that area.
    C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
    The Lincoln cent store:
    http://www.lincolncent.com

My numismatic art work:
    http://www.cdaughtrey.com
    USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.
  • hughesm1hughesm1 Posts: 778 ✭✭
    Cool RPM, and a die crack to boot. Good score.
    Mark
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JRocco,

Strange that you found a 1940 Nickle because I received one from a pop machine just last week.

Later,
    Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Great find! You have to look at everything because you never know what's going to turn up. I still get a little buzz from finding an S-mint coin in change. When I started as a kid, that was a big deal. The RPM and die crack are icing on the cake!

The Coinstar machines put more coins into circulation last year than the US Mint did. That means there are a lot of coins in circulation now which might have been sitting around for years.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭
    Very cool!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file