Home U.S. Coin Forum

how long has pcgs been giving away collectors club coins??

i am trying to get as many of the pcgs collctors club coins as possible so if anyone here know how many different ones there is and what they are it would be a great help ? also if you have one for sell please let me know . thank you

Comments

• Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    This is at least the third year, and there are at least four varieties but five possible slabs. All of them,except the 2004 issue, use a US flag on the front label with straight stripes.

The first slab has the text in five lines and it used a state quarter.
    line 1. Date & mint on left side quarter type on right side
    line 2. PCGS MS65 (centered)
    line 3. PCGS Collectors Club (centered)
    line 4. Limited Edition (centered)
    line 5. #XXXX/5000 (centered)

Originally all of these were supposed to contain NY quarters but they seem to have run short because later numbers contained KY quarters. I have heard reports of VT quarters too but that is not confirmed.

Second slab is same as the first but this time it was a run of 5000 2002 silver eagles.

Third slab again uses silver eagles but now there are only four lines of text and the #/5000 has been dropped.
    line 1. Date at left $1 Silver Eagle at right
    line 2. PCGS MS68 (centered)
    line 3. PCGS Collectors (centered)
    line 4. Club Edition (centered)

On the fourth slab the flag background has been dropped and the label has a plain (blue?) background. The text is the same as on the third slab except the coin is now listed as MS69.

(edited to correct errors on description of 2004 slab)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file