Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Board Opinion of this Yaz Requested

Hello All,
I bought this card a while back and in looking at it a little closer it just seems short top to bottom and left to right; especially the left and right borders. Any opinions on my paranoia would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam

Comments

• Options
    I think it's good.
    A little off center, but if it was shortened, I think both borders would be thinner.
  • Options
    Other than centering issues and what looks to be a print line across his name the card looks good to me. You can certainly find better 7's but if the price is to good to pass-up...well....your call.

Yaz is my favorite player of all-time. I've owned many of these cards.
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
  • Options
    BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    I disagree.
    It is Clearly a trimmed card
    and as such it has virtually no value at all!

I will help you deal with your anger and
    frustration of being so easily taken by this
    dealer. Send me the card and I will
    dispose of it for you. This will allow you to
    have closure and peace of mind.

imageimage
  • Options
    srs1asrs1a Posts: 398
    I'd guess if someone was going to trim that card, they would have done some work on the left side to improve the eye appeal...so my guess is that it is unaltered and a marginally centered 7.
    Dr S. of the Dead Donkeys MC
  • Options
    ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    I see it a little differently. I have seen 8's centered like this. It appears (to me) the print marks prevented the 8, not the centering. There are likely to be many more PD-free 7's out there--but I don't think the centering is what prevented the 8. It looks to me that centering is between 66-34 and 64-36.
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    Eric, you may be right...but last time I tried to squeeze a 65/35 card into an 8 holder it didn't exactly work...even though I was sure that i was a tad to the good side. I ended up with a couple of low pop '68s sitting in PSA-7 slabs...and I'm pretty darn sure it wasn't the corners image
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭
    srsa1,
    So you busted them out an they end up as SGC 88's right?

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    No, still sitting in PSA plastic.
  • Options
    ranchranch Posts: 341
    Are you really an Engineer?
  • Options
    I only collect Carl Yazstremski with the long sideburns.

Nice card, btw. I don't think it's trimmed.
    Working on 1975, 1977 Topps Baseball
    Also collect Ripken & cards of UNC Basketball players in UNC Uniform
    MSN Messenger: fins2left00@hotmail.com
  • Options
    ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    Technically, what is published, is 70-30 as the limit for PSA 8. I wish they would abide by it or change it.
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the repliesp; I really value the opinions of the members of this forum. By the way Ranch, I am an engineer but that guy in your sig line is way too cool for me.

Adam