Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Alittle fun with the ebay oversees scammers, take a look

Here is the dialog with one of the clueless ebay guys trying to rip us off. He aslso sent a scan of the same pack in the auction to try to look like the item. Most of us here know about these tricks but in case you disn't know about there western union trick, here it is

Hello Duncan,
Maybe i my wife didn`t looked good because she wrote you. I`m not trying to ripp you. Tell me if you want to close this deal in a safe way.
I`m waiting your reply.
Best Regards.

Duncan Harvey <harvey0724@beld.net> wrote:
no need to get pushy! i asked becasue I don't want to get screwed. I am
glad I did since it looks like that was what you were trying to do as that
# is not found in the database from the authenticators!

Here's my Answer , NO THANKS !!!!

michel cardin writes:

> Hello Duncan,
> Here is the number : 01478392
> Now , tell me your answer.
> Best Regards.
>
> Duncan Harvey wrote:
> if you have the pack there, look on the back of the holder and there will be
> a # which confirms the authentication
>
>
> michel cardin writes:
>
>> Hello Duncan,
>> The pack is unopened and i can`t give you that number. You have to find by yourself when i`ll send to you. Believe me that the pack is in his original wax pack. Tell me what you want to do. you want to make this deal? Reply me.
>>
>>
>> Duncan Harvey wrote:
>> do you have the item , if you do it should be on the back?
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> michel cardin writes:
>>
>>> Hello Duncan,
>>> I don`t have that number. Tell me if is ok with that. Waiting for your answer.
>>>
>>> Duncan Harvey wrote:
>>> no I mean the # on the item verifying it was graded by the company of the
>>> product.
>>>
>>> michel cardin writes:
>>>
>>>> Hello Duncan,
>>>> What you mean about the cert #? you mean about my bank account? Write me asap.
>>>>
>>>> Duncan Harvey wrote:
>>>> let me know the cert # and then how to send the money?
>>>>
>>>> michel cardin writes:
>>>>
>>>>> Hello Duncan,
>>>>> I`m a dealer and that explains all. Tell me if you are a serius buyer because i have to sell the product i have. I`m waiting your reply.
>>>>> Best Regards.
>>>>>
>>>>> Duncan Harvey wrote:
>>>>> Hi it's not that I don't like italy or spain or any other country for that
>>>>> matter, it's that i wasn't expecting to find this product oversees since it
>>>>> is an old US item which is authenticated in the US. It concerns me that the
>>>>> item would be authentic if it is in another country
>>>>>
>>>>> michel cardin writes:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Hello Duncan,
>>>>>> Why you judge me because my country? If you don`t like Italy i can give you a Spain adress of my brother and you can send me the money there. What you say about this? I`m waiting your reply.
>>>>>> Best Regards.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Duncan Harvey wrote:
>>>>>> Italy!!!!! i think I am going to pass. i was ready to send it but how the
>>>>>> heck does this type of pack get to italy. I think I will just have to stick
>>>>>> to ebayand pay a little more.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> michel cardin writes:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hello Duncan,
>>>>>>> I`m from Italy.Western Union is not cash in the mail because you don`t give me the MTCN number (money transfer control number) to pick up the money. You just send me the money and keep the MTCN number untill i send you the baseball pack. After you receive it you send me the MTCN number to pick up the money because without it i can`t pick up them, i can only check if you sent me the money. It is very fast and secure. If you agree with this i will give you my full name and full adress to send me the money and i will need your full name and adress to prepare delivery for you. I`m waiting your reply.
>>>>>>> Best Regards.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Duncan Harvey wrote:
>>>>>>> where are you located? my concern is that according to ebay, western union
>>>>>>> is like sending cash in the mail, there is really no protection for the
>>>>>>> buyer
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> michel cardin writes:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Hello Duncan,
>>>>>>>> I deal only with WEstern and bank wirement. Tell me if you agree with that. I`m waiting your reply.
>>>>>>>> Have a nice day.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Duncan Harvey wrote:
>>>>>>>> never used western union, how about paypal, it takes 2 seconds to transfer ?
>>>>>>>> let me know , also can I get the cert # on the pack for verification, thanks
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> michel cardin writes:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Hello Duncan,
>>>>>>>>> I prefere using for payment Western Union and for shipping UPS Expres.
>>>>>>>>> We can make this deal in a secure way for both of us. Here is how i wanna do it:
>>>>>>>>> 1) You send me first the money via Western Union without give me the
>>>>>>>>> MTCN number, because without the MTCN number i can`t pick up the
>>>>>>>>> money.
>>>>>>>>> 2) I will check to my Western Union local agency if you sent me the
>>>>>>>>> money.
>>>>>>>>> 3) If they say that i have received money from you but i can`t pick
>>>>>>>>> up without the MTCN number i will send you the baseball pack with UPS .
>>>>>>>>> 4) After you receive the baseball pack you give me the MTCN number to pick up the money. Tell me if you like my offer. I`m waiting your reply.
>>>>>>>>> This is a fair business for both of us and both can win this way and
>>>>>>>>> be happy.
>>>>>>>>> Best Regards.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Duncan Harvey wrote:
>>>>>>>>> ok what are the terms of payment
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> michel cardin writes:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Hello Duncan,
>>>>>>>>>> I sent you a picture with the pack and more details i can`t tell you because you know what contains the pack. I`m waiting your reply if you wanna buy it. The pack is not opened. Tell me your decision. I`m waiting your reply.
>>>>>>>>>> Best Regards.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Duncan Harvey wrote:
>>>>>>>>>> send me the details thanks
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> michel cardin writes:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Hello Duncan,
>>>>>>>>>>> Are you interested in buying this 1967 Topps Baseball GAI NM+ 7.5 Wax Pack ? Contact me for more details. I`m waiting your reply.
>>>>>>>>>>> Best regards.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Duncan Harvey wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>> please advise thanks
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> cardinmichell@yahoo.fr writes:
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> ??????:
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> ????????,???????? eBay ?????????,?????? ???????,?? eBay ??:http://pages.tw.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.htm
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> ????? Western Union ? MoneyGram ????????????? -- ?????????????????????
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> ????????????,?? eBay ??????http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/
>>>>>>>>>>>> -----------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> duncan300 ??:
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Dear Customer,
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Sorry for interrupting you. I have a business proposal for you because i saw on Ebay auctions that you are interested in buying this 1967 Topps Baseball GAI NM+ 7.5 Wax Pack. I have it at the price: $600. If you agree with my offer contact me via e-mail to give you more details about the deal.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Best Regards.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> ??!
>>>>>>>>>>>> cardinmichell

Comments

• Options
    dunerduner Posts: 625
    Awesome, if everyone messed with these guys, it wouldn't be worth their time....or they would at least have less time to scam others. next time our friend toni emails me, i'm gonna play with him.

is the mtcn legitimate...or is the money automatically transferrable??
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Great stuff packCollector,
    even though I was half way through it before I realized it's supposed to be read from bottom to top.
    Or at least it makes a lot more sense that way. image

Like duner, I'd like to know if the 'can't pick up the money without the MTCN' is true ?
    I'm waiting your reply ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    We just sent money via Western Union to a friend of ours who was stranded in Cancun about three days ago. He didn't need any type of number to claim his money. I just went to a Western Union office, filled out a form and sent it. I then called him and let him know when the funds would be available. He picked up the cash no problem. I never gave him any type of number to claim the funds. I don't know if this is the same type of transfer, but just thought I'd chime in considering the fact that we had just done a transfer with Western Union within the last week.
  • Options
    I used to work in a Western Union agent's store several years back, and unless they've changed it, proper ID is the only requirement, unless you pay extra for a security question or such.
    Always wanting odd-ball Nolan Ryan's.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing this! This is what I like board members to share. I like the fact you were messing with this guy. Even when cornered, he still maintains his innocence--the nerve....

I had a scam come my way involving an African car dealer who wanted to purchase my car with cashiers check. I didn't know if it was a scam originally, but I kept emailing him and asking him appropriate questions and calling my bank if there was a such thing as a cashiers check scam going around. The African car dealer got tired of me and went away as he saw I was too smart for him. I cornered him real good since I knew my stuff.... So, even though I really didn't think it was a scam, I was cautious and did some research. A cashiers check may go through initially, but after a week, the false number on the check would be flagged, but by that time, my car would have been on a boat to Africa. Glad I was cautious.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    good morning guys, I have not and will never send western union. I assume that since these guys have no plans on sending a product they don't have that the mtmn # is a complete sham and they probably just need identification.

sorry about the bottom to top wolfbear, I just copied in the email chain.