Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ANA World's Fair of Money Show

Show will be in Pittsburgh in August. Just looking ahead and wondering who already has plans to go. Post here if you will be there.....Ken

Comments

• Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    I'm there man!

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there. My in-laws live in Pittsburgh, so it's a good excuse for a family visit while I have something else to do.

See yuns donton (rhymes with Wonton).
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan on attending, unless I spend the travel budget on coins. Hope to see all you eastern folks again.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    I'm there of course.
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am originally from Pittsburgh. At this point there is a 45% chance that I will be there.

Robert
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Busy that weekend image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    elwoodelwood Posts: 2,414
    I'll be there.
    Don't know a table number yet.
    Please visit my website prehistoricamerica.com www.visitiowa.org/pinecreekcabins
  • Options
    I want to go but Pittburgh is so weird to get to as far as airlines from where I am.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    I will be there. Best friends live in Aliquippa(sp?), and have already put out the invite.image
    Gary
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Since there's likely to be quite a few people, any interest in a group dinner? Of course, it couldn't compare to the excrabaganza from Baltimore... image

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    any interest in a group dinner?...That's what I was going to get to later. I think it would be a great time for all.....Ken
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,631 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may start making plans to try and go.
  • Options
    RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    I'll be heading east from Columbus, OH ... can't wait to swap tales and look at each other's coins and then go to the floor and out cherrypick certain folks who will not be named for SMS coins and Jeff proofs image... keep me posted on any get-togethers.
  • Options
    wayneherndonwayneherndon Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭
    I've booked my table and will be there.

WH
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>any interest in a group dinner?...That's what I was going to get to later. I think it would be a great time for all.....Ken >>

Good luck with this one. I tried to have a get together at FUN and no one was interested. Those who said that they were going to show up, didn't.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    I'm planning on going too - and I'll buy tootawl a beer for being one of the ones that said maybe at the FUN show then didn't come through for him - I'm so ashamed image
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I am planning on driving to Pitts. that Friday when I get off of work........so should be there by 6pm.

Who is staying where??? so I can try and make some plans for lodging or something.

• Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Isn't it neat that the meeting location is named for a coin dealer?

ANA's World's Fair of Money®
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA
    David L. Lawrence Convention Center
    August 18-22, 2004
  • Options
    ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make dinner steak, and I probably won't miss it.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    Isn't it neat that the meeting location is named for a coin dealer?.....David L. Lawrence was a Governor of PA in the 60's. 1960-1964 I believe......Ken
  • Options
    I planned on going (had fun last year in Balt.) but my wife will be 8 months
    along at that point and I don't think it would be a good idea.
    Robert Getty - Lifetime project to complete the finest collection of 1872 dated coins.
  • Options
    Looks like there will be some new people for the wife and I to meet! This is the thing she enjoys the most about my coin collecting. And Frank, you could buy me a beer also.. Please.........Ken
    .PS, the lounge at the convention center hotel is named the "Steelhead Lounge"...image
  • Options
    NicNic Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there. Hope to meet a lot of you folks. How about organizing a meet now?
    Elwood...want to split a table?
    K
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there. It's about a six hour drive for me. No sweat.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    NicNic Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken.... I owe you a beer or three. I'm in. K

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file