Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Have these holders been tampered with?

Questionable SGC holders with Babe Ruth cards

The seller has perfect feedback but he has not sold any high-value items. Certainly nothing over $2000 like this item.

Both holders have white cloudiness on the edges.

Do you think these holders have been tampered with or resealed?

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koby
    The cards are probably about as real as the seal on those holders. I hope the buyer is an undercover agent for the FBI! Hard to believe someone would pay that much cash for somehting that looks that flakey.
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know for sure, but the cloudiness and scuffs on the holders, along with the seller's low feedback would make my run very fast away from that auction.

Steve
  • Options
    purelyPSApurelyPSA Posts: 712 ✭✭
    No way in hell that Ruth on the left gets a VG. I'd say they're bogus.
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    If they haven't been tampered with, then I'd love to hear the story as to how the holders sufferd THAT much damage.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    my experience with the very few SGC cards ive owned is that the black color plastic shows every little bit of dust in a scan..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭

the back of the cards looks fine
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    IglooIgloo Posts: 47
    koby, you were rude to me before on this forum so this one i'll just chalk up to ignorance. Take a look at Ruths right leg on the second card, its pretty obvious the white residue is from the scan.
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭

<< <i>koby, you were rude to me before on this forum so this one i'll just chalk up to ignorance. Take a look at Ruths right leg on the second card, its pretty obvious the white residue is from the scan. >>

So you think these holders are ok?
  • Options
    Looking at the pictures it seems very odd that there would be these "white specs" on his sock? So it got me thinking. The pics could have been in index color mode at one thime and one of the 256 colors could have been changed to white or invisible. Thus changing every pixle of that one color to white. I took one of this guys other SGC cards and tried to recreate the same look.

While not exactly the same, it some what looks like what happened. Now I'm not saying the slab was not messed with just a possibility. But if it is why wouldn't you try to fix it?

-Mike
  • Options
    What I ment to say at the end is... If the pics did get messed up why wouldn't he take the time to re scan them so they didn't look like this?

-Mike
  • Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    Good work Mike. I'm not sure if you're right but it's plausible.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • Options
    look at the white specs on the Phil Collins card. especially on his name. it's just a scanning snafu
  • Options
    IglooIgloo Posts: 47
    koby, any comment now?