Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Pete Rose to be Inducted in the Hall of Fame!!!!

Hee hee.

Associated Press
NEW YORK -- Pete Rose will be inducted into World Wrestling Entertainment's hall of fame later this month, The New York Times reported Tuesday.

Rose, baseball's career hits leader with 4,256, participated in three Wrestlemania events from 1998-2000 for WWE. He's ineligible to enter baseball's Hall of Fame because he's banned from the game for life.

"He has a deep, abiding respect for what we do," WWE chairman Vince McMahon told the newspaper.

Rose will be paid for his appearance at the March 13 induction, and at Wrestlemania the next night at Madison Square Garden.

He'll be presented by Kane, his 300-pound nemesis in the Wrestlemania shows.
I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.

Comments

• Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    That's a good one...
  • Options
    joker73joker73 Posts: 497
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Shows you how much I know, I didn't know he was affiliated w/ Wrestlemania. I guess with his ban from baseball, he had to pay the bills somehow. I also saw from the AP release that he will be paid to attend his Wrestling Hall Of Fame induction...jay
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    As a Pete fan, this is sad. But I agree with Jay - bills are bills ... even though I think it is more of a "limelight" thing.

Still have the faith though
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    Hey, finally something I can support Rose for. He's perfect for the WWF. Not only is he low life, he's got the body build for wrestling. He would've done pretty well, I expect.image