Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Recent Big Splash Entry on 1969 Baseball

A big 1969 Topps Baseball welcome goes out to F. Borelli who has entered the Set Registry with a bang. 98.64% complete with a nice 7.91 GPA. Not too shabby.
I dont know you FB if your out there, but you have lots of friends and potential comrades in your effort to complete this great set. I will have to say that I was a little disappointed that you blacked out your set. Up until now the 69' set gang has been a very public stage with each of the Top Twenty registrants sharing their cards with one another. I would encourage you to open yours also. It would bring more good than the alternative, although I would certainly understand if you did not.
We would love also to hear about your efforts that went into getting to this point if your out there and you want to share that.
Does anyone know FB?
Well, best of luck again and welcome aboard.
RayB69Topps
Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!

Comments

• magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Wow , I'm jealous ! I've had a near complete '69 set for years and have just started to get some of my cards graded and to buy those that won't make the grade. I won 1 card last night so my 1st graded '69 is Ernie Banks. I'm trying to complete the set in PSA 7 but some of the commons have much better 8 populations so it will be a mix. Kudos to Frank, that's an accomplishment ! image
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Magellan - I have some dupes in PSA you might be interested in. Email me to aja4rayb@msn.com or PM.
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
    Thanks Ray, email sent.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • purelyPSApurelyPSA Posts: 712 ✭✭
    **Edited because it might not be the same guy, but I'm pretty sure it's Fred Borelli, not Frank, and his ebayid is 71toppsman. **

I've dealt with him before and I'll drop him an email to see if indeed it's him.
  • RobbyRobby Posts: 656 ✭✭✭
    Ray , 71Toppsman also entered a 1964 Topps Baseball set at 98% complete - also blacked out ! Nice Gpa also ! At least he should not be bidding on to many cards we need in either set , unless he is looking for upgrades ! I think we can expect to see a number of sets entering with a bang , as the Set Registry is really exploding ! ................Robby
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Ray,

You guys might wanna cut this guy some slack...

I remember what it was like at 98+% and my 72 set was blacked out at the time. Its tough going after the cards you need and it always seems like some "putts" wants to make you pay more for the card than you really have to - just because they can!

Hopefully, he hears about this dialogue and joins the discussion!

Nice job F. Borelli!!!!
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • purelyPSApurelyPSA Posts: 712 ✭✭
    **Again, edited until I can confirm it's him. I don't want to spread misinformation**
  • dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Wow! He came out of no where! Great job F. Borelli!
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice job Fred (or Frank). I look forward to seeing the set when it opens up.

Incidentally, I purchased a '69 Ed Charles from '71toppsman' on eBay as 'NM-MT' and I just got the grade back. It received an 8 which gets me down to needing two upgrades, Kevin Collins and Jim McAndrew.
    Nice going gemint !!! Send me all your 7's. image
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice going gemint !!! Send me all your 7's. image >>

Thanks! Sorry but Zodiac is first in line. Now I just need to get time to send him my list. I will give you the first option on any he passes on.
  • Fred has now become only the fourth person to reach 100% on the 1969 set.

Congratulations!
  • RobbyRobby Posts: 656 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to Fred on completing this set ! Can we now expect '71Toppsman' to put this set up for sale on E-Bay like the 1964 Topp's baseball set that he recently sold on E-Bay for $15,000.00 ( wonder if the high bidder on that auction has completed the transaction , as his set has still not been removed yet ) ??????? Anyway , if per chance he is going to sell it , you'll get your chance to see the set Ray ! .............Robby .................Just viewed his set as it is no longer blacked out !
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • jaybyrdjaybyrd Posts: 377

<< <i>Nice job Fred (or Frank). I look forward to seeing the set when it opens up.

Incidentally, I purchased a '69 Ed Charles from '71toppsman' on eBay as 'NM-MT' and I just got the grade back. It received an 8 which gets me down to needing two upgrades, Kevin Collins and Jim McAndrew. >>

Ed Charles, oh the memories. That was the last card to complete my 69 set some ten years ago. That card was tuff, even to find a nice ungraded one.
    Collecting vintage material, currently working on 1962 topps football set.
  • F. Borelli,

Congratulations on a wonderful achievement!

Ron
    Ron Sanders Jr.