What is "verification"
Options
Bruggs
Posts: 449 ✭✭
Hi all,
Will someone either correct me or tell me I'm correct. I have an economy order at PCGS that is now on day 106 (they received 11-17-03). I called CS and was told that my order was out of sealing on 2-19-04 and was in verification. I thought verification was simply a "double check" by a grader to make sure there was no errors. How in the world can it take 2 weeks to do this. If there was an error, does my whole order start over? and must I wait another 3 months for my coins?
WTF!
Will someone either correct me or tell me I'm correct. I have an economy order at PCGS that is now on day 106 (they received 11-17-03). I called CS and was told that my order was out of sealing on 2-19-04 and was in verification. I thought verification was simply a "double check" by a grader to make sure there was no errors. How in the world can it take 2 weeks to do this. If there was an error, does my whole order start over? and must I wait another 3 months for my coins?
WTF!
0
Comments
-
Call again and check to see if it's back in grading. They sometimes do that if the verifier doesn't agree with the sealed grade. If that's the case, then the order will only go through sealing and verification again- not the whole grading process. But verification can sometimes take 2 weeks...0
-
I'd guess the verifier has a 2 week back log.
It's a crapshoot in what order your coins are pulled from the vault for verification. It's not a FIFO (First-In-First-Out) order, but random
My posts viewedtimes
since 8/1/60 -
I've been there....I asked and was told it also includes making sure they have the right address to ship to, the inserts match the grading sheets/coins etc. Its generally a once over before it heads out. I had some coins stck there for 2 weeks once (ouch).Craig
If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!0
Leave a Comment
Categories
- All Categories
- 520.1K Coins and Currency - PCGS
- 328.6K U.S. Coin Forum
- 14.8K PCGS Set Registry Forum
- 5.2K Q & A Forum
- 41.4K World & Ancient Coins Forum
- 3K U.S. & World Currency Forum
- 96.4K Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
- 7.3K Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
- 1.5K Buy, Sell & Trade - Currency
- 61 Random
- 246.2K Trading Cards, Autographs and Memorabilia - PSA
- 90.3K Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
- 1.7K Autographs Forum
- 16.4K PSA Set Registry Forum
- 22K Sports Talk
- 115K Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
- 663 Buy, Sell & Trade - Autographs
- 2.2K Stamps
- 1.5K Stamps Forum
- 670 Buy, Sell & Trade - Stamps
- 83 Coin Shows
- 83 General Coin Show Information and Discussion
- 11.9K Misc
- 11.9K Testing Forum