Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

carry a few "givaway coins" with you

I had the chance to talk to a young "want to be" collector and I wish I had something to give to him but I didn't. I made a commitment to myself to always carry a few things with me from now on when it happens again!
Has anybody else ever thought of doing this or do you do it already?

Comments

• Options
    image Not a very good picture. Before I got rid of all my World extras I carried a couple Italian 100 Lira as 'giveaways'. Made of stainless steel and about the size of a U.S. Half Dollar. Very pretty coin. As a "change checker" I'd look for good coins as soon as I got change. Some people took offense "I gave you the right change!" and the 100 Lira went a long way to smooth things over.

image -bohica
  • Options
    Well selling coins last year I had the oppertunity to give away a good amount of coins to YN. It made me feel great to see the excitement in their eyes. They all got at least 1 Unc coin with the others that they picked out. 1 lucky kid got a nearly completed set of lincoln's 1959 to date. The kid got it because he was so excited that I was selling coin that he could afford. He had 1 million question for me and I enjoyed answering everyone.

Stuff like that has always made me feel very good no matter what bad thing happen to me.

Byron
    Im unemployed again after 1.5 years with Kittyhawk they let me go. image

My first YOU SUCK on May 6 2005