Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

Ok, now this is just sad

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3278234406&category=44841

People like this just p1ss me off.

1. He ruined a card.
2. He's taking advantage of people.
3. He's allowed to keep selling on ebay.
4. Who is dumb enough to think that UD actually put the wrong patch on that card?

Comments

• obviously 2 people so far are..they bid!!!!
  • Yea, that's sad. How easy to just change the patch on those cards. The guy selling the card
    isn't too far away from me either. Maybe someone should leave a link to this post to the high
    bidder and see what happens then.
  • 4. Who is dumb enough to think that UD actually put the wrong patch on that card?

Don't know about the patch, but I have read in Beckett on 2 seperate occasions where Upper Deck put the wrong players jersey swatch on a GU card... so, I wouldn't put anything past them
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Thats not even GU anything. That is so dumb. I look for many more of those on ebay.
  • Putting a wrong jersey swatch may be one thing, but a freakin LA Dodgers patch on a Dimaggio card? WTF?!?!?!
    I seriously doubt THAT would happen....
    The man, the myth, the legend....#24.....CHAMP BAILEY!!!
  • dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    Those are stupid commemorative patches, not even GU so it's really not a big deal.
  • dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    Further, if he actually did speak to Upper Deck and they actually said it was a "1/1 Uncorrected Error", they are fools. If they actually caught that during production, they would have pulled it. Instead they apparently missed it (if this is real) and who's to say they didn't miss more?
  • Not only is Upper Deck slipping big time in customer service but now
    they are even losing it in the quality control of thier product.
    In this months Beckett Hockey issue, Upper Deck has also admitted to inserting the "wrong" jersey pieces in some of thier hockey product, which they say will they will replace with the correct one.
    Sad sad sad when a company of this size can't control itself & let's gross mistakes like this to occur.
    Bob & CJ
    Dad & Son

! ! UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ! !
    ! ! Greatest Country on Earth ! !
    ! ! FREEDOM IS NOT FREE ! !

WANTS:Nicer Cal Ripken Inserts.
    Also want RCs of current Football-Hockey future stars.

Bobstarvet@aol.com

References:We have traded with many traders on this forum.We can provide list on request.
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    i don't think that is an error. I think it is a fraud.
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    And even if its an error (doubtful), is it worth $125.00? What are people thinking?
  • kr580kr580 Posts: 4,420 ✭✭

<< <i>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3278234406&category=44841

People like this just p1ss me off.

1. He ruined a card.
    2. He's taking advantage of people.
    3. He's allowed to keep selling on ebay.
    4. Who is dumb enough to think that UD actually put the wrong patch on that card? >>

hypocrite... you always jump on peoples asses when they think a card is fake or altered... next time someone points out something keep ya mouth shut image
  • Wrong, I point out when there's a possability that a certain auto is real.

Completely different.

And I dont "always" jump on "people".

I on "occasion" do it to "Allen".

ABC-ya
  • ABC-ya?

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image
    My Kareem Rush Want/Need List
    http://www.freewebs.com/rush21

Collecting Hakeem Olajuwon and Matt Barnes
    http://www.freewebs.com/chrisorsburn

Collecting Jason Terry Autos
    http://www.freewebs.com/terryauto

My Tradelist
    http://groups.msn.com/ChrisPicSite
  • Wow..that high bidder got some common sense and retracted his bid!

Seth

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

Trading/Buying all high end BILLS GU/Autos! ! !
  • You are entitled to your opinions. That is why I left UD's contact info so they can call UD and verify that it it as I said it was. That is why the scan is so big and I sent a scan to UD.
    If I find out the guy cancelled his bids because of someone posting this to the high bidder, I will contact eBay and have something done.

I do not have a bunch of rare patches and stuff on there and it is not my practice to rip off anyone. Look at my feedback.

UD offered to replace it and send me other cards but I thought I would try to sell it first. If I do not sell it then I will send it back.

I talked to a guy named Brad at UD and he is the one who gave me the info I listed in the description.
    He said he was unsure if it was a machine or person who did these, but he said mistakes do happen. I know UD's customer service is not what it used to be because it took me 2 1/2 months, 5 phone calls and 2 e-mails to even get someone to respond to me.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    QQ
    Good for you.
    by the way i think your he is a she........
    Good for you.
  • What the frick is ebay gonna do to me?

Take your empty threats elsewhere.
  • Ok rentalmom how come you wouls all the sudden join this site and first post complain about someone here reporting it to the high bidder. Kinda weird.... that you could just trace it right back here without eer posting before.
    www.hobbyinsider.net
  • Either way the blame goes to Upper Deck.

With all the mistakes they make I wouldn't put it past them on this one. The blame also falls on them for making something like this that could be altered so easily.

If Upper Deck didn't say the things that are posted in the auction they could contact ebay and I am sure the auction would be canceled.

• << <i>What the frick is ebay gonna do to me?

Take your empty threats elsewhere. >>

I really wish I could be an internet tough guy like you.

All you had to do is contact UD and ask them but instead you opened your ignorant, immature mouth and caused trouble.
    I will contact eBay and see what they can do about tracing your info.

You are entitled to your opinions, but when you try to impose those on others and ruin auctions for them, that is WAY to far and very classless and immature.
    I guess that is what you get when dealing with children on threads like this though.

Good for you.

• << <i> really wish I could be an internet tough guy like you.

All you had to do is contact UD and ask them but instead you opened your ignorant, immature mouth and caused trouble.
    I will contact eBay and see what they can do about tracing your info.

You are entitled to your opinions, but when you try to impose those on others and ruin auctions for them, that is WAY to far and very classless and immature.
    I guess that is what you get when dealing with children on threads like this though. >>

1. I'm not trying to act tough.
    2. Ebay can do NOTHING to me over this.
    3. I didn't "ruin" anything for you. If anything, I'm the one who got your auction that many views.
    4. Smeone else said they were gonna contact bidders.
    5. Again, take your empty threats elsewhere.

I find it funny how you never posted here until this thread. That tells me you were already a member here with a different name, and you wanna be annonomus, so you reregistered with an alter ego.

So in short, you're hiding something.

• << <i>I find it funny how you never posted here until this thread. That tells me you were already a member here with a different name, and you wanna be annonomus, so you reregistered with an alter ego.

So in short, you're hiding something. >>

Check the registered date, numbnuts.
  • Its a tuff call on that patch, that was a bad move on UD to make a card that could be tampered with so easily, but how pathetic is that if you have to consider the counterfeits before desiging a card. Nobody can say for sure its a fake or its real, but its pretty safe to say people should stay clear of that auction. Its pretty obvious somebody emailed this thread to the seller, figuring he responds to this thread after people say there gonna email the buyer.

Seth

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

Trading/Buying all high end BILLS GU/Autos! ! !
  • Thanks ThisIsSportsCentre.

I didn't even know this site was out there until someone was nice enough and had enough maturity and class to let me know what was being said.

I registered and replied simply because of the post to send this to the high bidder at the time and destroy my bids.

If this is an accurate representation of the class and maturity level of this site, I cannot understand why anyone but children would be here.

Obviously, I am not speaking of ThisIsSportsCentre because they were kind enough to prove that I did just register.
    I will not name the person who sent me the link because all I have is an e-mail address and I would never subject someone to being harassed by children who have nothing better to do than be an internet tough guy, or eBay police wanna be or just a plain out ass about something that they have no information about other than an uneducated opinion.

I posted the UD info so anyone interested could verify it for themselves but instead of doing so, you decided to go on a witch hunt and trash my name and interfere with MY auctions.

Trade boards that are run like this and allow children to post are the reason for the decline of the hobby.
    It used to be fun to get on a web site, trade with other collectors around the world and have a good time. Then you have children on here and other scam artists who are just out to rip off other collectors.

• << <i>

<< <i>I find it funny how you never posted here until this thread. That tells me you were already a member here with a different name, and you wanna be annonomus, so you reregistered with an alter ego.

Check the registered date, numbnuts. >>

Even if this name was registered 10 years ago, that means nothing. He could just sart using it now. And if he just registered, then he could still be another poster.

Unless you think its impossible for two people to have two names here.

And the numbnuts was complrtly uncalled for.

Or are you the person in question? Funny how you were online, and responded, he wasnt online, and then as soon as you got offline, he came online and re-responded.

Not too obvious.

• << <i>Its a tuff call on that patch, that was a bad move on UD to make a card that could be tampered with so easily, but how pathetic is that if you have to consider the counterfeits before desiging a card. Nobody can say for sure its a fake or its real, but its pretty safe to say people should stay clear of that auction. Its pretty obvious somebody emailed this thread to the seller, figuring he responds to this thread after people say there gonna email the buyer.

Seth >>

If you tried to rip off one of these patches, IMO you would rip off part of the card behind it.
    The Yankees Logo is bigger and a different shape than the Dodgers so you would be able to see whiting of the card or glue marks.
    This is how I pulled it. I will simply send it back to UD and get the replacement cards or keep it in my PC.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I find it funny how you never posted here until this thread. That tells me you were already a member here with a different name, and you wanna be annonomus, so you reregistered with an alter ego.

Check the registered date, numbnuts. >>

Even if this name was registered 10 years ago, that means nothing. He could just sart using it now.

And the numbnuts was complrtly uncalled for.

Or are you the person in question? >>

I would have no reason to hide from an internet punk like you. I have spoken my mind so far and will continue to do so.
    Unlike you however, I will base my statements on facts. Facts you have proven from the very first post.

1. You are either a child of VERY IMMATURE person
    2. You have no class based on the responses you have given thus far
    3. Anyone who would deal with a person like you needs help
    4. You act tough because you are behind a computer screen. I bet if your parents found out the things you do trying to be a big boy acting like an internet punk, they would whip the hide off of your backside. (At least good parents would)

lmao
    Good for you.

• << <i>1. You are either a child of VERY IMMATURE person
    2. You have no class based on the responses you have given thus far
    3. Anyone who would deal with a person like you needs help
    4. You act tough because you are behind a computer screen. I bet if your parents found out the things you do trying to be a big boy acting like an internet punk, they would whip the hide off of your backside. (At least good parents would) >>

Let me respond 1 by 1.

1. No, I'm actually 28.
    2. My responces showed no less class than yours.
    3. Why? I don't rip people off.
    4. Again, I don't see where I'm acting tough. Please feel free to point them out at anytime.

Look, I only posted this link to the auction because I felt it to be dishonest. Those type of threads happen here all the time. The more and more you keep harping on me about this auction, will only bring more problems. What's sid is said, what's done is done.

All I did was point out the auction. If you have a problem with the high bidder canceling his bid, then you should take that up with the person who contacted the high bidder, not me.