Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How did this card not get a qualifier?!?!?!

The cards centering and corners look nice but if anyone knows anything about this issue then they will understand that this card has PRINTER DEFECTS!!!! There are plenty of Bird/Magic RC's with the PD qualifier and this one should be one of them. The difference between a PSA 9 and a PSA 9PD is huge. How can a grader miss this? (right across Magic's hand and on the purple boarder)....Beats me....

CB4

Comments

• Options
    I could see them straight 8ting it but i agree it does not look like a 9 but the rest of the card is so nice i would not say it was misgraded if it were a straight 8 just my thoughts but i agree should not be a straight 9image
  • Options
    Impossible to really see how offensive the roller debris is on a scan, but I can make a case for this in a 9 holder--not a frazier 9, but a PSA 9 for sure. They are dealing with technical standards that based on severity become subjective to the person grading. If I were in the grading room this is probably an 8, but I wouldn't argue too strongly if someone 9'd it, either. The person grading this card felt that the debris was a minor print imperfection that didn't hurt the cards overall appearance within his standard. Solution: Don't buy the card.

dgf
  • Options
    There are a few PSA 8's on Ebay that have finished that have the exact same printer marks while all the PSA 9's that have finished do not have the printer marks. This card at best is a PSA 9 PD. I'm not arguing the grade of the card as it has nice centering and clean corners. However, this card has to have a qualifier on it plain and simple. It's all over the Magic side of the card as well as some showing in between Bird and Erving. If I was submitting this card into PSA I'd be expecting a PSA 8.
    CB4
  • Options
    So what's your point in posting this? PSA blows? They can't grade consistently? You have all the answers so why ask the question? Don't buy the freakin' card and move on.

dgf
  • Options
    Hahah....no I wouldn't buy that card. It in fact sold for alot more than other cleaner PSA 9's because it was sold by a good dealer. I'd just like more consistant grading with mistakes like this never made in the first place.
    CB4
  • Options

<< <i>So what's your point in posting this? PSA blows? They can't grade consistently? You have all the answers so why ask the question? Don't buy the freakin' card and move on.

dgf >>

amen to that
  • Options
    I actually think that card is a straight 9, looks good enough for me. So shoot me. image

-Ian
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    downgoesfrazier, those are some nice '77's in your sig line....the only thing to beat em is the pic in riccaboni's sig image
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    ranchranch Posts: 341

<< <i>downgoesfrazier, those are some nice '77's in your sig line....the only thing to beat em is the pic in riccaboni's sig image >>

HAHAHAHA!!! She's 6-3 and weighs 185lbs!!! She's bigger than a man, for God's sakes!!!

You ought to get your head checked.
  • Options
    I'm 6'4" and 250 lbs and I think she's hot as well! You should say bigger than the average man.
  • Options
    CB4
  • Options
    LOL!
  • Options
    Vince, I agree about the PD thing. I've seen a bunch of those as well and some have the PD and some don't. The same thing happens with the 1978 Topps Trammell/Molitor rookie. I've seen unqualified 9's with the smudge that's even worse than on the Bird/Magic rookie. I don't understand it at times either, but I guess just pass on it and wait till a good clean one comes up.
  • Options
    Here is a link to a current auction with an ugly PSA 9 trammell/molitor
    psa 9 Trammell
  • Options
    Vincecarder, you're going to be 26 soon, grow up.
  • Options
    Looks like someone blew their nose on that PSA 9 trammell/molitor. What are the odds of that card getting a grade like that from a small submission of cards (say a 10 card submission from a small collector) Bet you it doesn't get that high grade but that's just my feelings on grading.

As for you Ranch....

<< <i>HAHAHAHA!!! She's 6-3 and weighs 185lbs!!! She's bigger than a man, for God's sakes!!! You ought to get your head checked. >>

Some people have different taste. You like women with masculine arms because you are weak and skinny. A girl that is 6-3 and weighs 185lbs can protect you....you won't need daddy to protect you anymore when you visit other CU members to make potential trades. What's daddy driving now by the way.......
    CB4
  • Options
    Alex, why so full of hate?
  • Options
    Hey, Alex, if you are going to attack me everytime by calling me weak, skinny, pimple-faced, and screw around with my sig picture by calling Rudi a man...that's fine with me, I'll just change it.

ENJOY!

And don't bother go crying to the moderators, because it's YOU who's the punk, not me.