Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How do you handle an ebay buyer like this?

I sold a coin about ten days ago on ebay and I got this email a couple of hours ago.
    << <i>yOU SENT THE COIN TO THE WRONG PERSON !!!!!! >>
      I then sent this email back.
        << <i>Hello, please explain what you are talking about? I need a little more information. Mike >>
          Now I just recieved this email.
            << <i>MY COIN WAS SENT TO ANOTHER PERSON HOPE I CAN GET IT !!!!!! >>
              I replied with this email.

<< <i> still don't know what you are talking about? Please tell me exactly what happened so I can resolve this matter. What is wrong with the coin I sent you? How do you know your coin was sent to the wrong person? Without more information from you I can't even begin to help you. Mike >>
                What more can I do? mike

Comments

• Options
                  originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭✭
                  Ask him/her for their name, address, the auction number, the coin in question, etc., etc.

Sounds like both a LOON and a scam. Sorry you seem to have had such a run of bad luck lately with the loons, though if it helps any, I've often enjoyed looking at the pics of your raw coin buys.
                • Options
                  darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
                  I think the email is legit because it was a reply to an email I set 10 days ago to the high bidder and it includes the item number. Thanks for the compliment on my coin picturesimage. I know what you mean about the loons- I wonder what will happen nextimage. mike
                • Options
                  airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
                  IDIOT, YOU SENT THE COIN TO THE WRONG PERSON!!! CAN'T YOU READ?????

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
                • Options
                  Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
                  << yOU SENT THE COIN TO THE WRONG PERSON !!!!!! >>

AH-HA!! That proves Cap Lock Idiots are idiots! See where he hit the shift key to make a capital Y and forget his caps lock was on and made a small y instead?
                  Tell him "nO YOU ARE NOT WHO U THINBK YOU ARE!!!!"
                  If he wasn't scamming you & didn't get his coin why wouldn't he think it just got lost instead of getting sent to the wrong person? Maybe he did get his package but it had the wrong coin in it so he though his went to somebody else.
                  Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
                • Options
                  relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Selling on eBay allows you to deal with the best and the brightest out there.

Try and help him out by asking for the auction number and what he received.

Not too many questions though. Just go at his speed

My posts viewed image times
                  since 8/1/6
                • Options
                  I have recieved no new emails as of this morning so I suspect it was just hoax. mike
                • Options
                  RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
                • Options
                  baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
                  I'm amazed at the number of people out there who type in ALL CAPS. I wonder if they know lower case letters are available?
                  1 Tassa-slap
                  2 Cam-Slams!
                  1 Russ POTD!
                • Options
                  BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
                  How can you tell there are lower case letters? On my keyboard they only show the caps. image
                • Options
                  Did you include any "documentation" with the coin? Maybe you just switched the addresses on the envelopes? I would ask them what they received.
                • Options
                  Russ, I have AOL but they don't.
                    ealandg,
                    if I switched coins with another person I think someone else would have contacted me also? mike
                  • Options
                    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536

<< <i>if I switched coins with another person I think someone else would have contacted me also? >>

Maybe, maybe not, all depends on what the other person got. Buy a jefferson nickel, get a gold piece and you may not complain.
                  • Options
                    Conder, This is one of the cheapest coins I have sold in a while so he made out pretty good if I gave him the wrong coin. You think if their actually was a mistake I would have heard back from him by now and he would tell me a little more than one liners saying he got the wrong coin? mike
                  • Options
                    Here's the latest email and it sounds like the situation has been resolved but I am really in awe that this could happen with I.D's through Paypal or ebay!. mike image
                      << <i>HI: I guess someone else has the same id&pasword as me.They wre sent the cion,they have contacted me and are sending the cion . I think it has been resolved. Thanks XXXXX ! >>

• Options
                      krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's the latest email and it sounds like the situation has been resolved but I am really in awe that this could happen with I.D's through Paypal or ebay!. mike image
                        << <i>HI: I guess someone else has the same id&pasword as me.They wre sent the cion,they have contacted me and are sending the cion . I think it has been resolved. Thanks XXXXX ! >>

>>

Translated: Hi, I'm an idiot, and I finally figured out I had the right coin all along. But I don't know how to explain my earlier stupidity, so let me make up a lame story about someone who had the same username and password.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
                        RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Russ, I have AOL but they don't. >>

Wow! It's a parallel universe! image

Russ, NCNE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
                      Emoji
                      Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
                      Drop image/file