Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Funny Yahoo! feedback flame war.....

From the bowels of Yahoo....

Buyer gives Bad Seller rating.
Comment: Coin AU, Not BU. Wierd dark face, damaged. Return in process. Seller non-responsive to emails. (May 18 21:55 2003 PDT)
Comment: Got 2 emails from this jerk threatening to sue me for giving him negative feedback. Big time loser, all Yahoo people advised to stay away from this crybaby. (Jun 03 20:07 2003 PDT)

Response: A LAWSUIT IS CORRECT! DEALER ON EBAY SOLD ME THIS COIN AS MS 62 AND HAS 99% POSITIVE FEEDBACK RATING AND SEGS SLABBED IT AN UNC. I AM HONEST, THIS MAN IS AN AMATUER!!!!!! (Jun 04 23:36 2003 PDT)
Response: WHAT MORE IS THAT I HAVE A WRITTEN STATEMENT FOR THIS "HUMAN" THAT THIS COIN IS NOT AN UNC. SEGS WAS JUST WRITTEN UP BY A PROFESSIONAL GROUP AS AN EXCELLENT GRADING SERVICE! IT'S WORTH A LAWSUIT FOR HIS IGNORANT COMMENTS! (Jun 04 23:39 2003 PDT)
Response: THIS COIN HAS TURNED OUT TO BE A PROOFLIKE MS 63 COIN, SO I THINK THIS MAN DOESN'T KNOW A THING ABOUT COINS! SLABBED BY SEGS WHO GRADED 10 COIN FOR COIN WORLD RANDOMLY AND UNKNOWINGLY SAME AS NGC. (Jun 10 08:00 2003 PDT)

Comment: SEGS? Not a respected grading company. Slabs AU coins as uncirculated all the time. Rims worn dummy. AU/XF coin. Next time use a RESPECTED grading service. Will you be sending me more emails calling me "SATAN"? (Jun 18 19:55 2003 PDT)

Response: THIS MAN NEEDS HELP ANY WAY HE CAN GET IT! SEGS GRADED THIS COIN A PROOFLIKE MS 64 AND HE STATED IT ISN'T EVEN UNCIRCULATED. AND YOU GIVE ME A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR THAT! WHERE IS "YOUR" EDUCATION? (Jun 20 11:18 2003 PDT)

Comment: SEGS is not respected. Try NGS or PCGS or even ANACS. It's a damaged AU/XF coin. AND IT SUCKS! Just like you. Some "Christian" you are. If all "Christians" were like you, I'd be an aethist! (Jun 20 16:05 2003 PDT)

Response: FOR EVERYONE'S INFORMATION THIS COIN GRADED SLABBED MS 64 WITH SEGS AND HE IS NEVER OFF MORE THAN ONE GRADE. JUST WANTED TO GIVE ME A NEGATIVE! (Aug 12 22:17 2003 PDT)

Comment: Where's the lawsuit chump? C'mon, bring it on! Your coin sucked and you know it. (Jan 07 08:46 2004 PST)

Response: A MAN WITH THE MIND OF A CHILD. SEGS GRADED THIS COIN AN MS 64 MORGAN DOLLAR AND IF I WANT TO I HAVE DOCUMENTATION TO SUE THIS MAN. YOU CAN'T SUE AN ANIMAL!!!! (Jan 16 21:42 2004 PST)

Comment: SEGS is a joke and so are you (Jan 16 21:54 2004 PST) (most recent)

Response: AT THE LONG BEACH COIN SHOW SEGS GRADING SERVICE WON THE GRADING COMPETITION OVER ALL OTHER GRADING SERVICES! (Jan 17 15:58 2004 PST)

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    I'll bet a dollar to a donut the seller is an AOL user. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    image Good one Russ! image I think he called the coin a 62, a 64, and a 64PL, in that whole exchange...
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭
    Yahoo? Whats that? Yahoo has auctions?image
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • Options
    Wow. That is better than reality TV.
  • Options
    Sounds like they deserve each other.
  • Options
    ccexccex Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭
    Entertaining! Perhaps this explains why eBay users can post only one feedback response. I look at Yahoo auctions only occasionally, and usually just to find out what banned eBay sellers are doins these days.
    "Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor
  • Options

<< <i>AT THE LONG BEACH COIN SHOW SEGS GRADING SERVICE WON THE GRADING COMPETITION OVER ALL OTHER GRADING SERVICES! (Jan 17 15:58 2004 PST) >>

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Yahoo? What's that? Oh yeah, I remember now, I did Yahoo one time. I got a feedback rating of 6. The last one was Aug 12 2001. Yahoo auctions are a joke.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    islemanguislemangu Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭
    AT THE LONG BEACH COIN SHOW SEGS GRADING SERVICE WON THE GRADING COMPETITION

Is there/was there really a grading competition of sorts there?...or did SEGS just lose?
    YCCTidewater.com
  • Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    Got you all beat Dog, my Yahoo rating is 1 and it's going to stay that way!
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Man that's a low rating.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    It's nice to see the maturity level is low in other places than just my place of work.
    (I just had to break up 2 employees who were throwing drinks on each other; one
    of them is about 55-60 years old.)
    Robert Getty - Lifetime project to complete the finest collection of 1872 dated coins.
  • Options

I used to buy stamp items on Yahoo until I got in a stupid argument with this one idiot over a 4.00 cover.
    I sent a check, he said the envelope got stolen out of his car. After all was said, my check cleared and he finally sent me the item after I threatened neg feedback. After that, I moved to ebay, have never had any problem except with one seller(not coin or stamp related). I still go there occasionally, but I only bid on items from people I've done business with and know to be reputable. Again I've bought a few coin items from these people without incident. You just have to know who you're dealing with... I always check out a seller's feedback before making a bid on any auction, if he's got a bunch of negatives I leave him alone!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file