Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Hot packs on ebay? How can these guys garentee that the jersey card or auto is in there? HELP!

MY TRADE/SCAN PAGE
CU REF'S: JRCCRUM -BIGGJC -Mikefromchester- nascar20 -Scott2141-Quasar31 -gordonrules - YanksFan - cardnyou - weisel510 - dodgerguy99- vcarterfany2k -baird34 - dewey -KBryant1 - ljmaya
EBAY:150+FEEDBACK
EMAIL:SPORTSGUY247@AOL.COM

I call them gimme girls they always tell me i can have it.

I'm just kiddin like Jason

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Pack feeling/ postal scales
  • Options
  • Options
    the pack I bought had not been resealed, also if that were the case they would not sell those pack secret guides.
  • Options
    i bought at 7 of these hot packs...how do i make sure they have not been tamperd wth?
    MY TRADE/SCAN PAGE
    CU REF'S: JRCCRUM -BIGGJC -Mikefromchester- nascar20 -Scott2141-Quasar31 -gordonrules - YanksFan - cardnyou - weisel510 - dodgerguy99- vcarterfany2k -baird34 - dewey -KBryant1 - ljmaya

• Options
    should of bought 1 to see if seller was legit
    http://www.freewebs.com/hermessportscards/

purchased from Ref: thematrix31, zbarr, xxchamp34xx, baljitgill, qyntelwoods24,joebenson, joestalin
  • Options
    you will pull the cards though. look at their feedback
  • Options
    feedback said some1 pulled elton brand shoe/jersey.... seems to be legit...bought of of 3 sellers not just 1 just in case image
    MY TRADE/SCAN PAGE

• Options
    OUCH, seven. My guess is that they are all going to be some common GU. If all they had done was just feel them, then they wouldn't sell the packs, they would open them in guesses that they could have something good in them that they could sell for more of what they are selling them for. I think that they just open them, put in a common GU and resell them in a very good way that you could not tell.
    My Kareem Rush Want/Need List
    http://www.freewebs.com/rush21

Collecting Hakeem Olajuwon and Matt Barnes
    http://www.freewebs.com/chrisorsburn

Collecting Jason Terry Autos
    http://www.freewebs.com/terryauto

My Tradelist
    http://groups.msn.com/ChrisPicSite
  • Options
    he has 100% posotive feedback tho and some people said they pulled good cards
    MY TRADE/SCAN PAGE

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    come on...the sleezy, greasy fat man slides his filthy hands up and down packs, bending them in the
    process to pull out the jersey or autograph cards. He stands in the card isle in target or walmart, his
    fat stomach hanging out, stinking up that last isle, robbing kids and collectors of good cards. He
    then goes on the bay and sells them to idiots who can't figure the process out themselves, making
    this guy 5-10 times what he paid for the pack.

Buying this garbage is just supporting cheating and stealing! It has made buying retail a joke.

Just say NO!

JS
  • Options
    That was pretty graphic, and a little scary...lol
  • Options
    Im not gunna be able to sleep tonight, thinking about "Mr. Fat card stealing sleeze bag". lol
    GO DUKE!

WANTED: Vince Carter!

Refs- JTinsley001, Judgement, DKiger, Cardnyou, Jimjoe, 23jordan8kobe, WhiteIce, Itsjustme, LilGotz1, Joestalin, Littlecrum
  • Options
    The packs are not tampered with at all. There are quite a few methods out there. Pack feeling, weight, pack sequence in a box....tons of ways.

I have already bought a few hot packs from a few people on Ebay and I was happy with them everytime (just go with people with good feedback). I don't personally like pack feelers but why pay $100+ for the box when you can get that one good pack for alot less.
    CB4
  • Options
    yeah but what happens with the other 23 packs? Ive bought them, you have bought them....we get
    screwed and MR Fat sleeze gets rich...that don't sound too great! The idea is that the good cards
    are randomly inserts and that you have a random chance at a pull. Pack rapers cheat and leave
    the crap for dead....the same cards that kids buy! You think these guys go to target buy all the
    packs and then feel them up at home and throw the garbage away?

I can't respect anyone who thinks this is good for the hobby.

JS
  • Options
    their feedback usually says "pulled GU as promised" and such but you never see "KOBE GU !" or "JORDAN AUTO" kinda wonder why no one seems to pull the great ones. I dont think the packs are tampered with but seems there are never huige pulls
  • Options
    Think about how many retail boxes there are and how many Targets, Walmarts, Shopkos, K-Marts, Fred Meyer stores, etc there are. Usually Kobe, MJ, Lebron, etc are short-printed to begin with and then when you add in that most of the products available at the retail outlets also have Hobby boxes as well available at card shops (except the retail only prodcuts like Standing O, Honor Roll, etc) the odds of pulling a Kobe, MJ or other high dollar card are very slim.

When I go around the states of Washington and Idaho on business, I'll buy a few packs just to rip in my hotel, but if I see a box on the shelf that only has 22 or 23 packs in it, I just move on because I figure the box has been searched. I'm not going to waste my money and nobody is standing there with a gun FORCING me to buy packs. If people leave the searched boxes alone and they sit there for several months and don't sell, the stores will start to catch on. The stores here Locally have moved the sports cards into the video departments or other higher security places and do not allow searching and some have even moved them behind the video counter or customer service counter and if you want to buy packs, you have to ask the clerk and she will get them for you.

I don't like the pack searchers either, but I think it comes down to the fact that it isn't illegal to search packs and so people will continue to do it. BUT, nobody is forcing you, me or anybody else to buy packs from the shelves of those stores. Buy a blaster box or sealed retail box instead, or just go support your local hobby store and help them stay in business.
    Refs: Chayne2, Nash, KG, Jorge, Patsfan925, MCDee2, Autographs, TopofOhio, Ahares, Batman34, Whitetornado, Clearandvalid, Runningman22, TrFstptch, glickman77, Brees9, Woodson24kg, vittleboy, Dpeters28 and more.

Ebay feedback: 4100+
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    I don't like the pack searchers either, but I think it comes down to the fact that it isn't illegal to search packs and so people will continue to do it.

It actually can be illegal if they manage to damage the product while performing the search.
  • Options
    Well i keep you guys posted for sure....thanks alot
    MY TRADE/SCAN PAGE

• Options
    Well what is happening is some card shop owners that are cracking boxes are feeling the packs and leave the crap out on the shelves for us to buy. It is crap but it looks like it's catching on as there are quite a few hot pack sellers on ebay. I have so far pulled crappy GU and auto's out of my hotpacks but my buddy pulled a Lebron so they do work sometimes.
    CB4
  • Options
    Yea the whole thing is a tuff call. I believe that many of the packs are opened and resealed, after seeing many people pulling the crapiest auto/gu possible in packs. I do think that some sellers bust them and reseal, and others search them, feel them, its all done. I do think its pretty crappy how people do sell the packs they know have crap in them. About a month ago I see someone selling 20 2003 Playoff Honors Football Packs on ebay. Theres 4 packs missing, theres 4 GU/autos in the box. He said it was an open box off the shelf. How suspecious theres 4 GU cards a box and theres 4 missing. I can't stand people that lie about that crap just to make money and see people pull nothing after nothing. People that think that it really is the coolest, easiest way to get the good stuff and scam people out of money and cards really do need to get a life.

Seth

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

Trading/Buying all high end BILLS GU/Autos! ! !
  • Options
    I just noticed someone is selling the secrets of finding GU and autos in packs for 9.95 on ebay. It turns my stomach to think of all the dealers that are doing with their product and selling the junk that is left over to unsupecting kids. Disgusting.
  • Options
    Actually a good poster here was screwed by a guy who sold him 20 packs of leaf certified football. If you
    all remember there were 4 pulls per 20 count box....well it so happens that the beef were in the same
    place in the box everytime.

Some punk over on the bgs board was bragging about his great pulls...he had scans and everything...turns
    out he sold the garbage to a guy here. Of course the guy who bought it was a kid and didn't know..he
    thought he was getting a steal on 20 pack (maybe even thinking it was a full box) needless to say
    he didn't pull one jersey or auto from those 20 packs...1:5 odds of pulling something and the guy gets
    nothing from 20 packs..

Well I posted high and low on the beckett board calling this slime out, others chimed in too what
    a crook this guys was. He admitted that he ripped the guy off but I don't think he ever gave him his
    money back. There is nothing positive about this, the companies are partly to blame, it wouldn't cost
    anything to make packs unsearchable...have some plastic or something. topps has left the "bump" off
    GU cards now and has moved it to the center on autos. The decoys are nice but they are not the same
    as the real cards...it wouldn't take Einstien to fix that. They are lazy, but remember in retail THEY
    have to swallow the loss not the stores.

JS
  • Options
    bought some retail chrome basketball packs the other night. just picked 3 packs but if all the chrome packs are like those finding the GU would be easy pickngs, not only was the GU very thick but the pack turned out to have 5 cards in it instead of 4.
    collect Auburn University athletes auto & jersey cards

ref's : lilgotz1, pugsley, panthersfan
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I noticed that too about Chrome Basketball this year. Which is why I can't buy packs loosely, only sealed hobby boxes.