Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1956 Topps Baseball collection - FOR SALE - 250 PSA 8s & 200 PSA 7s

Hi,

I am writing to offer my entire collection of 1956 Topps Baseball cards for sale.

The collectiion consists of about 250 PSA 8s, 200 PSA 7s, 1 PSA 9, and a few PSA 6s. I have been building my collection over the past 4 years and pay close attention to quality and centering. I collect both white (#1-#100) and grey backs, and all team variations. I am about 20 cards away from having #1-100 white backs and a complete set of grey backs including checklists in PSA 8 or PSA 7.

I am to the point where I find little improvement in "upgrading" the PSA 7s to PSA 8s. I collect cards for their own merit, not for the holder, as I even have some PSA 6s that look stronger than PSA 8s. My set is not on the PSA registry, though I would be happy to send you a spreadsheet listing all of the cards and their grades. I would prefer to sell the collection in its entirety. Please let me know if you would like to discuss.

Thanks, Mike

Comments

• VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Not that I can afford it, but what is SMR for your set and what is your asking price?
  • Hi David,

I don't believe that SMR is the best yardstick for pricing a card or collection. I'm sure you know that cards with equal SMR can bring greatly different prices depending on their scarcity and overall appeal, therefore I have not calculated the SMR of my collection.

Regards, Mike
  • VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Mike -- In selling a complete set or near set, SMR definitely comes into play (although it is not the final arbiter). If you are breaking it up for individual sale, then you are absolutely correct.
  • Hi, I have a 1956 Topps collection in progress. I would be interested in seeing a list of what cards you have for sale and prices (if you have them). Please PM me or email me at NBDOWNEY@MSN.COM - Thanks, Neil
  • Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    i am about 10 cards away from a basic set myself.....i would love to purchae a few of the commons from you if you would not mind... email me at r4_Ryan@hotmail.com

lothar52
  • CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    BB1956;

Welcome to the board! Thanks for making these available! I am slowly working on a set and would love to see a list of what you have... I can't buy them all, but I'd like a few!

Please email to me at k_conforti@verizon.net

Thanks again!
    Keith
  • NeilDowneyNeilDowney Posts: 840 ✭✭
    Hi, I have a 1956 Topps collection in progress. I would be interested in seeing a list of what PSA 7 NQ cards you have for sale and prices (if you have them). I could use as many as 100 cards if the price is right. Please PM me or email me at NBDOWNEY@MSN.COM - Thanks, Neil
    hey mike...didnt realize it was you.....i would love to purchae a few of the commons from you if you would not mind... email me at r4_Ryan@hotmail.com

lothar52
  • Mike,

I have an interest in the whole thing. You can email me at drivard@optonline.net.

Thanks,
    Doug
    Looking for well centered 1958 topps baseball psa 8 and up. Also dying for a 70 Aaron All Star in PSA 9.
  • Hi Mike, I have the interest but would like the know the grades and a ballpark what you may be look for! If you can e-mail me your list to my e-mail www.fatso10549@yahoo.com it would be great. Krazy
    Hockey!Hockey! Hockey!
  • ScoopScoop Posts: 168
    Mike, email me (scoppe67@msn.com) a spreadsheet and I can give you a fairly accurate estimate of what you can expect to get for your set. Your set value depends on how many star and low-pop commons are in 7 and which are 8's. Most first series commons only vary about $20. from 7's to 8's, so they are much less volitile.

You may be better off selling your dupes from 1 - 100, as many collectors have little interest in card back color of the first series cards. Whitebacks in the second series do get a significant premium, especially the stars.

My set (current #5) consists of the basic 342-cards (335 PSA 8's and 7 PSA 9's)with all 6 dated team variations and will be in the upcoming April MastroNet auction. SMR is $40,000.

Good luck.
    building 1956 Topps PSA 8/9
  • baseballjeffbaseballjeff Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Anyway you have a digital camera and we could see a pic of them all spread out?

Good luck selling it!

Jeff
    scoop..it will be interesting to see the final price...my guess is you will get well over smr. i am currently 9 away from a psa 6-7 set...with most stars in 7 and commons in 6. I just got another one off ebay last night so im down to 9!!!!!!!! hopefully mike will sell me 5 of the commons i need in 7 and then ill be a jackie and 2 checlists away...which are easy to find!!

Loth
    Neil, lets see a scan of your psa 7 clemente

loth
  • Hello all,

As I mentioned in the original posting, at this time I would like to sell the collection as a whole. PSA 8s are selling at eBay like hotcakes, so I'd likely sell them there if I decide to break up the set. I would entertain the idea of pulling any duplicates and selling the 340 or so cards as a set. The only individual cards I would entertain selling are PSA 8s if I have PSA 7s to replace them, as I want to at least keep the set together. Sorry Ryan, I can't help you with ones you are looking for.

Looks like the topic post (selling my collection) has gone off track. Jim, best of luck with your set at Maestro. I'll look for it, and hope it does well. Perhaps a high price will bring more interest in my collection!! I entertained selling my collection through a big auction house, though the idea of a 15% buyers premium and other costs turned me off.

Regards, Mike
    cool deal mike,

I have bought some of Mike's PSA 6's...and let me just say they were as good if not better then any of my 7's apart from my 7 mantle and clemente. A perfectly centered psa 6 george zuverink (sp?) ....a very hard card to find centered indeed (ive not seen another one). Anybody who buys his set will have ONE HECK OF A 56 COLLECTION.

now for mine....im 9 cards away from a complete basic set....i dont like the dated team cards so im only going basic. Please contact me if anybody has a decent centered psa 6-8 (or sgc/gai/bvg) 1956 cards of:

90 REDLEGS TEAM no date name centered
    178 JOE BLACK redleg
    189 NED GARVER tiger
    223 RANDY JACKSON dodger
    231 BOB HALE oriole
    237 JOSE VALDIVIELSO nat

my other 3 cards include jackie robinson and the checklists..which i will leave to last.

lothar52