Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Non-Paying Bidder Alerts...

I have another dead-beat bidder. While the vast majority of transactions go smoothly, every once in a while I get a stiff like "sportsalley24". While I generally look the other way and just re-list and eat the cost of these losers rather than neg them and get the obligatory retaliation--THIS time I want to file one of these non-paying bidder alerts at the very least. My question is, how do you do this? Anyone know what link I click on the ebay menu to get things started? Help is appreciated and thank you.

dgf

Comments

• Options
    Alert filed. I stumbled around before clicking the "help" icon...that's where I'll go from now on. Why can't people just pay for what they bid on or at least be responsive to emails. I don't know about you guys, but it's the silence of the NPB that irritates me the most.
    SPORTSALLEY24

dgf
  • Options
    Dgf:
    Don't forget to file for credit in 10 days(assuming you don't get paid). This is how buyers get strikes against them. If you only file the alert and not the credit form,the buyer won't get a strike on his/her record.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Alert filed. I stumbled around before clicking the "help" icon...that's where I'll go from now on. Why can't people just pay for what they bid on or at least be responsive to emails. I don't know about you guys, but it's the silence of the NPB that irritates me the most.
    SPORTSALLEY24

dgf >>

amen.. i hate em.. its like they're too coward to admit they cant pay or something..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    I had an experience with that person.
  • Options
    What would be nice is if we had a way to share our "blocked bidder" lists.
  • Options
    mintstate- that would be great.
    Metsfan- thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to file it.
    RobE-Thanks for the advice as well.

DEADBEAT BIDDERS NAME: JOHN SQUIRES

DEADBEAT BIDDERS EBAY USER ID: sportsalley24

It's a shame Willie Mays' number should be associated with this loser. Anyway, how do you file for final value credit...looks like I'll be hitting the "help" button!

dgf
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    marioman13 was a recent deadbeat.left me the revenge neg
    but i got it removed.took many emails but found a "loophole".
    hope no harm finds its way to Mario A Manti-Gualtiero.
    ps
    blood oranges wrapped in towels-perfect together.
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭

<< <i>mintstate- that would be great.
    Metsfan- thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to file it.
    RobE-Thanks for the advice as well.

DEADBEAT BIDDERS NAME: JOHN SQUIRES

DEADBEAT BIDDERS EBAY USER ID: sportsalley24

It's a shame Willie Mays' number should be associated with this loser. Anyway, how do you file for final value credit...looks like I'll be hitting the "help" button!

dgf >>

Phil,you have to wait 10 days before you can file the refund,in that amount of time you'll figure it out.

• Options
    Rob, you think? image

dgf
  • Options
    I want to thank you guys for who have contacted me from the boards. Seven responses regarding this eBayer thus far. Apparently he'll be switching ID's again soon. I invite others to share the names of DEADBEATS they've dealt with.

SPORTSALLEY24 ON Ebay

His name is John Squires. He is a dead-beat loser who does not honor his bids and is worthless to the collecting community. I suggest putting him on your "blocked bidder" lists.

Thanks again guys--nice to know I'm not the only one...

dgf
  • Options
    Actually...sad to know you are not the only one !

Shows how zealously Ebay goes for payment for themselves while ignoring their "community".

Ebay and their talk of Safe Harbor & security for the Community remind me of the cynical warning Cigarette manufacturers put on packs of cigarettes or their self-serving commercials, "We CARD" as if they really CARE.

Ebay makes it possible for underage kids to bid, for deadbeats to operate under multiple names, for bad sellers to come back more often than Mike Myers in "Halloween" , for corrupt scamster sellers to rip off an unassuming public and on and on......

You will have to go through more hoops than a trained seal, but ultimately, I hope....you will get your listing fees back.

No matter what, the aggravation isn't compensated.

Thank you Ebay .

• Options
    AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭
    New here.

In playing online games I created a website for "less then desirable" players. If and when I get my loan and or store going I will be more then happy to create something like that for Ebayers and or others accesible for all.

The way I set it up for the game was posting screenshots of the "offense" and a description of what happened. I also left it open for the "accusers" for rebuttal if they thought they were there unjustly. I guess proof of payment/proof of shiping can be provided, etc. Let me know what you guys think. And if you have ideas about this.

Jim Facciolli
    "Aknot"
  • Options
    a wise man once said...I hope I'm pronouncing it correctly...

BOO-YAH!!!!

dgf
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    PC,

Did you have to pay the $20 extortion to get the neg removed?
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    I bought from John Squires before. Nothing bad happened. I guess he is a deadbeat buyer, but not seller.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

• Options
    Just an update on deadbeat SPORTSALLEY24. The guy actually emails me after I threatened to leave appropriate feedback and says "payment sent USPS today (last Monday)--sorry for the delay". Of course, no payment ever arrived--nor was sent. I got my final value credit and the card is live again. All that's left is the negative feedback. I urge you sellers to block this tool. A real first-class loser and now a liar to boot. Fabulous, his parents must be very proud. Thanks to the board for helping me out with this mini-crisis as I had never filed any of that stuff before, the only hard part was that the item was no longer in "my eBay". Back to more interesting programming...

dgf
  • Options
    The deadbeat just wanted to buy more time by saying he sent the money. He wanted to run out the clock, so you would no longer be able to have any recourse. Nice going DGF!

• Options
    pcpc Posts: 743

<< <i>PC,

Did you have to pay the $20 extortion to get the neg removed? >>

no just plenty of emails.
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I ran thru the same drill with Sports Alley as well, both on the buying and selling end. There was always a business trip, or some other excuse. It took about a month to get payment- he was only slightly quicker on cards I'd bought from him- but eventually all went well. You might want to ask BcD (Marz on this board) about him- he lives nearby and I believe had to make a personal appearance to get things done. I'm guessing he's overextended and likes bidding for the rush of it.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭

<< <i>What would be nice is if we had a way to share our "blocked bidder" lists. >>

here is my list that I have built over several years.
    markgracefan, tfowler30, simey2, xjadedhearts, customs617, korryf, saratomy, gilsuperfan, share81, kris81168, dfkicksass, petebonis, calikobea, jmuknight2003, erinangela19, lilbrengirl, piano_orygon, baseballkid30, lzbond@aol.com, montourcardshop@aol.com, yepbg@aol.com

and considering I have done over 2100 transactions
    on ebay, I do not think that this is such a long list.

~jeff
    imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>What would be nice is if we had a way to share our "blocked bidder" lists. >>

here is my list that I have built over several years.
    markgracefan, tfowler30, simey2, xjadedhearts, customs617, korryf, saratomy, gilsuperfan, share81, kris81168, dfkicksass, petebonis, calikobea, jmuknight2003, erinangela19, lilbrengirl, piano_orygon, baseballkid30, lzbond@aol.com, montourcardshop@aol.com, yepbg@aol.com

and considering I have done over 2100 transactions
    on ebay, I do not think that this is such a long list.

~jeff >>

BKAH, You're lucky ebay did not wipe out your list. My list were wiped out months ago. All that is left was 1 (last NPB I added). I have to start over.

RIP Snow