Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Board Member Galveston Elected Mayor Oklahoma City!!!

Our friend Galveston - aka Mick Cornett in real life - was elected Mayor of Oklahoma City last week by a 2-1 margin. Oklahoma City, or "OC" to the locals (only to Mick does OC also also mean "off-center") is the 29th largest city in the US with a population of 502,000. Local government in OC, as where I serve, is elected on a nonpartisan basis.

Mick was a serving member of the OC city council. but will now be "da man" in OC! From one politician to another, way to go, Mick!!!

Comments

• qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    WOW! Thats fantastic!
    If you think sniping an auction and winning it w/ seconds to go is impressive, how bout winning an election....jay
  • Great job.

I hope that as Mayor, he will declare a card collecting day.
    Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

• image It brings tears to my eyes to see one of our friends do well

Way to go Mick. Next stop...the White House image

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
  • Great news Steve...

3 Cheers for Mick...

How 'bout having the National in Oklahoma City??? (or at least Mick could have us over for a beer...LOL.)

Does the Oklahoma State Capital have an extra card sorting room?? I bet it will have soon!!

(I was wondering why it was a little easier to climb up on the '71 Kellogg's Registry...image..)

Larry

I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!

• Way to go Mick imageimage

When will the National be coming to Oklahoma City?? image

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Larry, now that the campaign's over, I suspect the 1971 K set will get a little tougher!!

Don't forget folks, OC ain't that far away from Commerce City, and you all know who who came from there....(at least I hope you do).........

Again, my hat's off to Mick!

Steve
  • here is Mick (Galveston) Cornett image

(and I do not know if we are related....
    but It is nice to hear a Cornett doing
    something like this!
    Leanza Cornett (former Miss America)
    and Jim Cornett (WWF Wrestling "manager")
    are the only other "famous" Cornetts I have ever
    heard about.
    imageimage

~jeff "not a mayor" cornett
    imageimage
  • JmnesqJmnesq Posts: 250 ✭✭
    Just for the record, WCW/WWE/WWF/SMW wrestling manager James E. Cornette is with an e, rather than spelled as Cornett.
    Jeff

Collecting Bowman Chrome Phillies Rookie Cards and Mike Schmidt certified auto cards.
    I always liked the Honeymooners episode where Ralph found his old cornet, although it was too bad he could never hit the high note image ...jay
  • CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Don't forget one of my personal favorite dinner meals -- Cornet Game Hens! Especially when served on Cornetware dishes!

Kidding aside, congratulations Mick! It's nice to have some political clout on the Registry! Got any agenda on a way to get Kellogg's to start putting cards back in their sereal boxes?

Keith
  • Extra value is what you get, when you elect Mick Cornett.

(Come on, it's close!)

Jeremy

edited to say: CONGRATS!
    Jeremy
  • Look closely. Doesn't Jim Cornett (WWF "Manager") look a lot like Mick Cornett. One and the same?????image
    Looking for Nolan Ryan PSA 10's.

Texas Heat Wave
  • Thanks for all the nice comments. Best part was that I raised $175,000 and didn't have to sell a single 1971 Kellogg's card. That's a relief.

The national is always welcome in Oklahoma City!

By the way, that is my picture in the above post, but I've never seen it before. Where did it come from?

I get sworn in tomorrow!

Mick
    Strong buyer of 1970 Kelloggs Football & 1971 Kelloggs Baseball and Football. Please help me find cards!
    I have a few hundred extra PSA graded 1971 Kellogg's cards. E-mail for price list. Looking for 1970 Topps Supers in PSA 9 too.
    MICK - Very Impressive!
    If I get arrested in your town, you can pull some strings, right? image
    Just kidding, I only get arrested in the Eastern part of the US, so don't worry...jay
  • BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭

<< <i>By the way, that is my picture in the above post, but I've never seen it before. Where did it come from?!

Mick >>

http://www.okc.gov/query.html?media/index.html
    (amazing what a ggogle search will turn up!)

here's more.image
    imageimage

Interesting Bio on Mick too....
    imageimage
  • BKAH -

I like your sig line icon. Know where I can get one? I'll need one with a "K" however....
  • purelyPSApurelyPSA Posts: 712 ✭✭
    Machodoc - I hope you find one. It'll be worth something someday, similar to those phantom Phillies World Series tickets from the '64 season that float around!

J/Kimage

Steve
  • BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭

<< <i>BKAH - I like your sig line icon. Know where I can get one? I'll need one with a "K" however.... >>

no but I found these for you!!

imageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimage

imageimage
  • Man, you gotta get out of W. Va.

You like Byrd, huh? Museum piece in the not too distant future.
  • Congrats.............DAD!!!