Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Crazy ?

CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
After I'm done compiling my registry sets of Ikes, Peace and Morgans I want to crack them all out of the slabs and put them into Dansco albums image

Comments

• Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing beats having them all in one nice album.

There is an inherent problem in larger sets, i.e. if you collected Barber half dollars, you would have to create a pretty small certified holder to get them all into one album conveniently. Of course, that goes against the whole standard size slab idea. Who wants to go to a coin show where half the coins are in regular size holders and the other half are in "album size" holders?

I do keep some of my circulated seated quarters in a Whitman folder. I have been similarly tempted to crack out all my others, but that thought goes away pretty quickly image Not to mention that that stupid 1873CC NA hole would remain empty.
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

I beleive the coins are better protected in the PCGS slabs, but I've done the same thing because I like them in my album.

Buying a PCGS coin will assure you are getting an acurately graded coin, so once you've bought it and enjoy them more in an album, by all means do it. If you want to sell you can always resubmit them down the road.
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    I am using one of those cheapie Eagle slab albums for my slabs. I like it because I can look at 'em all together. The album isn't much to write home about, but I really like seeing my slabs next to each other.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file