Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Now this is a rarity

$2,200 and climbing. I would want it certified before I looked at bidding on it. 4 are known according to Gouby.

Link
Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.

Comments

• Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Still lots of time left to consider raising the bid to something more reasonableimage
  • Options
    Monster coin .... Will sell for much more than £2,000. Difficult to know when to stop. Winner will begin with a K.

L
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    That monster is now at $3350.
  • Options
    "I don't think he'd be very keen you see, he's already got one. (Already got one?) Oh yes, it's very nice."

sorry, was watching Holy Grail again tonight.
    super coin, though.
    Wanted: High grade Irish (Republic of Ireland, not Northern Ireland or British) coins, slabbed and unslabbed. Also looking for Proof and Uncirculated Sets
    PM with info.

Auction Sniper For all your sniping needs. Tell them I sent you and I'll get three free snipes!

e-bay ID= 29john29
  • Options
    LloydLloyd Posts: 887
    Not bad .... my friend with a K said he already has a tube of them.

I was talking to a dealer last week about the coin and he said he could get about £3500 on his list so bidding around the £3000 mark would be fair.

Apparently the other handful in existence are of pretty poor quality.

L
  • Options
    imageUS $7,201.00
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭
    $7201!! image

Looks like rare-pennyman got a little nervous at the end.......

So, I could probably get over $10k for a true unc. nice, partial lustre with this little 5 under the date?
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Mac, are you going to release the dregs from the Mouse Hoard??

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    So, I could probably get over $10k for a true unc. nice, partial lustre with this little 5 under the date?