Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1978 Set

Please add me to the list of collectors who are trying to do a 1978 set in PSA 9. Thanks in advance for your help!

Sincerely,

Nick M

Santa Monica, CA

Comments

• jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭
    i have a brook robinson rb, checklist 2 + 4,red sox team and a braves team in psa 9 . lmk if you have any interest
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    Yes!

The Brooks and the teams for sure; the CL's only if I can see them first. (I'll explain in an email to you.)

Thanks!

Nick
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭
    ok
    johnbouffard@sbcglobel.net
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • SOM -
    Welcome to the Boards. I am a '78 collector too
    and have the following 9's available. Let me know
    if you need any. Thanks, Bill.

#68, 135(Guidry), 307, 498, 557, and 663.
    Bill
    wpkoughan@yahoo.com
    Collecting 1970-1979 PSA 9 & 10 Baseball Cards
  • SOM...

Hey Nick, I've got 2 for you...

#363 Bob Randall
    #455 Bill Robinson

Later on, please keep me in mind for your dup 9's..

Also check with Frank Smith (Late70sTopps)...He's got a ton of 'em...

email..... emards4457@msn.com .

Good Luck!!!

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
    Bill - I have a Guidry at PSA, but I could use the other ones. How do I contact you? I'm at

nick18@ix.netcom.com

Thanks!

Nick
  • Nick, send me a list of who your looking for, i've got tons
    Maybe I can turn my pursuit of my 1978 Topps set into a Registry Reality Show! And the Board can follow along with my hits and misses!

Here is where I stand as of Leap Year Day, 2004:

I have exactly 55 9's in my possession tonight. I have a lot of the HOFers. The "big name" cards that I need are 1 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 10 - 15 - 34 - 40 - 45 - 60 - 122 - 160 - 189 - 200 - 205 - 282 - 400 - 580 - 686 - 720.

I have none of the "low pop's." (I'm rolling the dice on those guys. I hope they'll be "higher pop's" by the time I need them.)

Pending are three cards that I won on eBay this week: 96, 674 and 701. I purchased card #388 from a member earlier today.

Tonight I won two 1978 vending boxes on eBay. The guy has 800+ positive and no negatives, so, here's hoping...

I have two '78 submissions pending at PSA: one is for 52 cards, the other is for 66 of them.

Any guesses as to

- my odds of procuring 9's from those vendors and PSA, and,

- an over/under on my set completion date!

I shall keep everyone up on my progress...unless you decide to vote me off my own show!

Thanks for the advice & help.

Nick M

• CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Nick;

Thought I'd mention I have a nice Lou Brock #170 in PSA 9... if you need it, email me!

Keith
    Hooray! The 1978 vending boxes arrived today, and they have that "pattern" still evident on top as I opened them. I have to run to Anaheim for tonight's Might Ducks' game, so I can't check the cards out today, but I'd say that my first impression of the deal is a good one!

Nick