Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

My personal Upper Deck Hockey Cards...

I have been playing hockey in an adult league. Our season is over now (but I'm going to play next year) and although we had a low win-loss record, we had alot of fun. We won the "consolation" playoff game, so we didn't finish last at least!

Earlier in the season, I had a few pictures taken, and I found out that Upper Deck (upperdeck.com) has a service where you can send them picture(s) and enter in some fields for text, and make a personalized sports card of yourself. I used to collect alot of cards, but I have gotten much more into coins now.

Anyways, here are the cards I had made. I had a print run of 9 cards each, making these extremely rare and they are very gradeable (think PSA would let me?)! Of course, I can always have UpperDeck print and send me more. I think it is something like $12 per 9 cards or so, but don't quote me on that. I think it is a cool idea for a coach or someone in a position like that. You can actually get fairly professional looking cards using any of your favorite digital pics - no need to go to a card show and have a picture taken in a boring setting like that or anything. BTW - The quality of the cards themselves is quite impressive as far as the print stock, etc. and the resolution on the pictures came out as good as my camera was (of course, my dig. camera isn't a great one, but still).

Note that I added some info from the season on the back. All the info there is real, or approximated!

This is the front of the first card

This is the back of the first card

This is the front of the second card

This is the back of the second card

JJacks
Always buying music cards of artists I like! PSA or raw! Esp want PSA 10s 1991 Musicards Marx, Elton, Bryan Adams, etc. And 92/93 Country Gold AJ, Clint Black, Tim McGraw PSA 10s

Comments

• qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    JJ - Pretty Cool! ...jay
  • Cool cards Jim.

Bring your boys to Wichita, KS. My team could use a good scrimmage. We seem to be on the same level of competition as your team. By the way were you from? Do you play in the Adult Safe Hockey League (ASHL)? Heck we even have a big Riverfest tournament in a couple months.
    We got one more game tonite then we start our playoffs. I could use a shutout tonite. My goal this session was to be under 2.00 GAA, right now i'm at 2.66.

Ben

• Ben,

I'm from southern California - Orange County to be exact. I live in Cypress, but the arena we play in is in Huntington Beach. I'm from N.D. originally, and I would like to visit Kansas sometime, but I don't think I'll get around to it.

I don't know about the Adult Safe Hockey League (ASHL), but it is a No-Check league, and we need U.S.A. hockey insurance to be able to play.

Sounds like you do pretty good in net - we have alot of games that are 6-4, 7-3, stuff like that.

JJacks
    Always buying music cards of artists I like! PSA or raw! Esp want PSA 10s 1991 Musicards Marx, Elton, Bryan Adams, etc. And 92/93 Country Gold AJ, Clint Black, Tim McGraw PSA 10s
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    you need to get em to make you some Game Used autographed stuff #'d/9
    ·p_A·
  • Jim.
    Your in a similiar league like the ASHL. No checking league also. But things seems to get pretty rowdy at times. If you decide to throw down the gloves you get a pretty hefty suspension which can result in over $100 of league fees. We have some pretty good rivalries.
    We also have the USA insurance that comes along with magazines.
    If you like flat land, Tornadoes in the spring, Hot and Humid Summers, Cold windy winters, muddy rivers, then Kansas is the place for you.

Ben

• Brian,

Thanks for the reply. We don't get too heated with our opponents usually, except that some people don't like a specific guy on another team, and they go at it sometimes, but usually fights are pretty rare. I like that, as I'm not a big guy, but pretty quick with the skates.

As far as Kansas goes, I really do like flat land, as I was raised on the plains, and have never liked even driving through higher elevation. The rest of it doesn't sound too cool (I remember the massive amounts of mosquitoes in North Dakota summers, especially after rains - you probably get alot of them as well), but the housing prices out here in So. Cal make a person start thinking sometimes. 2-3 bedroom condos are over $300-400K in decent areas out here, and after almost 10 years in CA, I find myself getting very tired of big crowds whereever one goes - usually the public skating sessions at the local ice rinks (which are only weekends and cost $7) draw nearly 100 people, but that is just one example - there is alot of crowding everywhere out here!

JJacks