Home U.S. Coin Forum

Remember ryandavidcoins?

Ebay finally shut him down
Without a doubt-the WORST scammer on ebay averaging right at one negative a day/ every day for the past year! Justice has been served! No longer a registered user! image

Comments

• K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    Well it's about time. We had a discussion about this clown over on RCC a few weeks ago, and at that time his negatives were piling up. Even worse now, but at least he got the boot. It won't take this guy long to come back under another name though.
  • BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    No sooner had I posted this and I had that very thought! By the way, I thoroughly enjoyed you piece on Accugrade and even learned a thing or two about PCI. Very informative! Thank youimage

I tried to copy the page where it showed all his negatives and that as of the 26th or 28 th, he is no longer a registered user! He'll be back...you're right!
  • Need to preserve some of this feedback for posterity. But after reading this, how in the hell did he stay in business for so long?

Buyer kcbobn: This seller is an abomination

Buyer margiesex: No item shipped, paid paypal, no answer to squaretrade, filed fraud file.
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: Daughter was killed in auto accident. Things are messed up right now-be
    patient
    Follow-up by margiesex: Unbelievable, paid for 20 days before death, over 5 weeks, no coin. no response

Buyer murcoin: A 1 in 30 chance of not getting merchandise. To busy to do the right thing!!

Buyer vareldl1: coin over graded
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: no its not.

Buyer nfl: This coin is overgraded as is most of the 9 or so coins I bought without knowing
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: I am not going to get into a P____ contest with you but obviously U cannot grade

Buyer bkmdano1: no coin, no response! Kids? Outlaws? Beware! REAL BAD!
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: Can U even read? Can U even send an email? No to both obviously

Buyer lndthomas: Waiting for a coin fm11/3. NEVER ANS E MAIL; HE NEEDS TO GO!!! Banish him Ebay!
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: item was sent, no emails received, no class at all using this forum

Buyer 534464797: where's my coin, check was cashed ages ago, you don't return my emails, rip-off (Feb-25-04 13:12)
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: Auction closed on 2/12, this is ages ago?

Buyer waco-walkers: Coin OK - maybe alittle overdramatized

Buyer garybroz: Look how many of us are all saying the same. No coins, no refund, no response!
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: Both of your items were sent via USPS.

Buyer lodgit: no coin, no emails, worst seller I have encountered, square trade subject, avoid
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: we responded, refunded timely, whines, avoid like the plague!!!!!

Buyer lndthomas: Recd WRONG coin. Sent 2 E's; no response. A coin from 11/3 not rec'd. yet. Yuk!
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: You have no class, if a mistake was made send email, none received

Buyer kcbobn: 6 wks to receive, terrible gouge on coin - returned 5 wks ago - still no refund
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: I am sorry, my 21 daughter Amy was killed and I have been closed for 10 days....

Buyer jwd55scorpio: Not Gem,returned Prty Mail Ins.,at his P.O. 2+ mths,will not assist-doesnt care
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: Look at picture-wonderful blasty coin-not enough of a rip for you?

Buyer fmanial: SELLER CLAIMS HE DIDN'T KNOW WHICH COINS WHEN PAYPAL PMT OUTLINES ALL INFO
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: money refunded LONG ago, what is the matter with you? Are you senile?

Buyer 40banger: FILING FRAUD COMPLAINT NEVER SENT ME COIN NEVER SENT ME REFUND
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: we got 2500 POSITIVES and want to keep your $10 coin?-whats the matter with you?

Buyer deewgar: CASHIER CK. 3 WKS. TO GET X F COIN, NOT SAME A U COIN AS PICTURED. * DISHONEST
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: HOW DARE U! Same coin as pictured sent yo U! And look at postmark U jerk!

Buyer jdog816: took 14 days to get product;grade of product overvalued;I had to call themto rem
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: we ship from a sm. out of the way PO, THEY are slow and not well run

Buyer jeanie-boo: No coin, no refund as promised from this unscrupulous dealer. BEWARE !!!!!!
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: We are trying our best to make sure ALL items make it to U-the PO is terrible
    Follow-up by jeanie-boo: Over $275.00 in lost merchandise (26 Xactions) thru mail. P.O. fault ??? DUH !!!

Buyer sammsterpom: paid in full, but never received the coin
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: Item sent,have insured slip,obviously we need to read Ur mind to know it arrived

Buyer gdsommers: I felt the coin was overgraded. AU 58 and not Ch BU.
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: coin is CH BU and hope I can buy a 1000 as AU58's-use a glass

Buyer kevorius4hl3: Grading skills can do with a little improvement, I'll keep coin anyway. Thanks!
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: nearly EVERYONE ELSE thinks our grading skills are fine-maybe its you

Buyer coinsbill: Misrepresentation. Coin received is not the coin won in auction(different mint)
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: If wrong item was sent to U,email & we will send the right one-mistake happen

Buyer ruffell: Never received coin. I did not have shipped insured.
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: U don't insure and thats our fault? So U give us bad feedback cause U are cheap?

Buyer devilfish579: Seller blames PO for his blunders/got paid/no coin=Hmmm? NY AG notified.
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: another Ebay rookie that doesn't understand how things work
    Realtime National Debt Clock:

The guy was the absloute scouge of ebay!
  • spy88spy88 Posts: 764 ✭✭
    Hey, everyone---please cut him some slack!!! He tells you up-front that his post office is VERY slow and not to expect a fast delivery.

Also, his 21 year old daughter was killed in a car accident on the 7th.

THIS is why he closed his doors.

David
    Everything starts and everything stops at precisely the right time for precisely the right reason.
  • mommam17mommam17 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭
    Ctnumismatist, Fampack, Ryandavid. What will Fred come back as next?
  • RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    Good riddance, although I do feel sorry for that guy losing so many daughters so quickly ...
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Buyer vareldl1: coin over graded
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: no its not. >>

Best one there! image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • If it's true about his daughter, then that's sad. But what's his excuse for the other zillion bad transactions?
    God, I hope I wrong RGL but I just don't believe him. He sold me a coin once and I never received it even after he posted a positive for me.

I knew of his feedback and the coin was a $20 item. To his credit I was one of the lucky ones, he DID refund my money I guess because I wasn't rude to him but the truth of the matter is he never shipped that coin as a little later on I was surfing around and checked his feedback for kicks and sure enough , he had burned several other people with that very same coin that he had listed AGAIN!

I wouldn't wish tragedy on ANYONE-not even him! But truthfullt...I don't believe that of his daughter. He cries wolf too much. HE MIGHT NOT EVEN HAVE HAD A DAUGHTER!

• dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the key comments in a feedback "Ebay did nothing". Anyone can steal on ebay, nothing much ever seems to happen.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
    Last feedback 2-28-03 When did you say his daughter died? This is supposedly the reason he shut his doors? Then why did it take 3 weeks after her death for him to close his doors? He had feedback posted all the way till 13:00 hrs 2-28-04 - More lies!

Oh, and by the way, make the negatives 2 a day-every day. He had 53 negatives during that 28 day span in February! On top of that (CLICK ON THE LINK) he had God knows how many Neutrals!
  • jy8sjy8s Posts: 113 ✭✭
    I just received a coin from him with a long series of articles regarding his daughters death. I agree that is a great tragedy.

Regarding the negatives, I agree they seem to be a result of actions prior to the tragedy and certainly since then it has not been remedied.

I did note though, he does state that they only mail once a week but on the other hand they seemed to be able to get to the bank quickly based on the funds being cashed quickly.

<< <i>No sooner had I posted this and I had that very thought! By the way, I thoroughly enjoyed you piece on Accugrade and even learned a thing or two about PCI. Very informative! Thank you >>

You're welcome, it's always nice to know people get something out of the pages I have up.

It's just a matter of time for this guy to morph into another account. I have watched him now through five eBay accounts, every one is now NARU.
    This reminds me my little red devil friend. I have to post something and take a little public flogging! I was wrong about something and reading your work sealed the deal! Thank you!image
  • I remember him as "Fampack". Bought a couple mercs from him, but the mercs I got didn't look anything like the pics, and took some 8 weeks for the goods to arrive. At least I didn't pay much. Never bothered to leave feedback,.. figured it was a waste of time, since he never answered my emails anyway.

Craig
    The Rede we live by: If it harms none, do what you will.
    I hear you-Promethius...it's called feedback extortion. Sometimes if you print the truth first the other party will give us retaliatory negative feedback! Soooooo, you may know just how bad this guy really is! One day he'll have to answer for his offenses!
  • BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭
    The guy obviously needs a good ol' blanket party.
    "Have a nice day!"
  • The interesting thing about this is that the guy had a ton of positive feedback, and then everything suddenly went south.

One is left to wonder what happened that turned him from a so-so seller that seemed to at least deliver items close to the pictures he posted, to one that just was a basket case.

Something went wrong. Odds are it was sad :-(

That does not excuse the behavior in any way, but such things always make me wonder.

Myriads
  • ccexccex Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭
    I have been watching Fred Serafino's eBay auctions for over three years and five eBay accounts. Ctnumisaut@aol.com, coinco1, EBC800, xzol, delaney91101, and fampak were some of his previous accounts before ryandavidcoins. It seems he partnered with someone named Brad in New York to form ryandavidcoins. Fred Serafino was responsible for the nasty retaliatory feedback, and his partner Brad once wrote me that he had told Fred to lay off the inflammatory stuff since it made them look bad.

Fred Serafino has a long history of successfully using eBay as a dumping grounds for raw, overgraded coins with scant descriptions. His mastery of amassing positive feedback from bargain-hunters who don't know better convinces me that he has already found a new eBay ID in a different city.

My intuition also tells me that K6AZ will be the first one here to inform us of the new eBay ID. eBay enjoys the revenue and doesn't care if a "PowerSeller" has a feedback rating well below 97%. I predict that within a month, this seller will have a new ID, a new partner, and will be posting his usual 400 simultaneous auctions.

If eBay ever gets wise to their reputation as a dumping grounds pandering to the unsuspected, Fred Serafino might have to move to Yahoo auctions.
    "Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor

• << <i>Ctnumismatist, Fampack, Ryandavid. What will Fred come back as next? >>

you couldnt possibly be talking about fred serafino, our most humble 3 to 400k per year rip man on ebay would ya ?

let me get my hands on him........he's got a dug hole that goes back to 92/3

goes to some shows incognito to buy his ebay rips stuff works 6 mos out of the year, the last 6 mos is ripping 3 to 400k on ebayers

gets in a little trouble, most say oh well, the few who push he squares up with

he's on ebay right now priming another half mil a year scumbaggery salary..

• << <i>Need to preserve some of this feedback for posterity. But after reading this, how in the hell did he stay in business for so long?

Buyer kcbobn: This seller is an abomination

Buyer margiesex: No item shipped, paid paypal, no answer to squaretrade, filed fraud file.
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: Daughter was killed in auto accident. Things are messed up right now-be
    patient
    Follow-up by margiesex: Unbelievable, paid for 20 days before death, over 5 weeks, no coin. no response

Buyer murcoin: A 1 in 30 chance of not getting merchandise. To busy to do the right thing!!

Buyer vareldl1: coin over graded
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: no its not.

Buyer nfl: This coin is overgraded as is most of the 9 or so coins I bought without knowing
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: I am not going to get into a P____ contest with you but obviously U cannot grade

Buyer bkmdano1: no coin, no response! Kids? Outlaws? Beware! REAL BAD!
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: Can U even read? Can U even send an email? No to both obviously

Buyer lndthomas: Waiting for a coin fm11/3. NEVER ANS E MAIL; HE NEEDS TO GO!!! Banish him Ebay!
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: item was sent, no emails received, no class at all using this forum

Buyer 534464797: where's my coin, check was cashed ages ago, you don't return my emails, rip-off (Feb-25-04 13:12)
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: Auction closed on 2/12, this is ages ago?

Buyer waco-walkers: Coin OK - maybe alittle overdramatized

Buyer garybroz: Look how many of us are all saying the same. No coins, no refund, no response!
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: Both of your items were sent via USPS.

Buyer lodgit: no coin, no emails, worst seller I have encountered, square trade subject, avoid
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: we responded, refunded timely, whines, avoid like the plague!!!!!

Buyer lndthomas: Recd WRONG coin. Sent 2 E's; no response. A coin from 11/3 not rec'd. yet. Yuk!
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: You have no class, if a mistake was made send email, none received

Buyer kcbobn: 6 wks to receive, terrible gouge on coin - returned 5 wks ago - still no refund
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: I am sorry, my 21 daughter Amy was killed and I have been closed for 10 days....

Buyer jwd55scorpio: Not Gem,returned Prty Mail Ins.,at his P.O. 2+ mths,will not assist-doesnt care
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: Look at picture-wonderful blasty coin-not enough of a rip for you?

Buyer fmanial: SELLER CLAIMS HE DIDN'T KNOW WHICH COINS WHEN PAYPAL PMT OUTLINES ALL INFO
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: money refunded LONG ago, what is the matter with you? Are you senile?

Buyer 40banger: FILING FRAUD COMPLAINT NEVER SENT ME COIN NEVER SENT ME REFUND
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: we got 2500 POSITIVES and want to keep your $10 coin?-whats the matter with you?

Buyer deewgar: CASHIER CK. 3 WKS. TO GET X F COIN, NOT SAME A U COIN AS PICTURED. * DISHONEST
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: HOW DARE U! Same coin as pictured sent yo U! And look at postmark U jerk!

Buyer jdog816: took 14 days to get product;grade of product overvalued;I had to call themto rem
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: we ship from a sm. out of the way PO, THEY are slow and not well run

Buyer jeanie-boo: No coin, no refund as promised from this unscrupulous dealer. BEWARE !!!!!!
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: We are trying our best to make sure ALL items make it to U-the PO is terrible
    Follow-up by jeanie-boo: Over $275.00 in lost merchandise (26 Xactions) thru mail. P.O. fault ??? DUH !!!

Buyer sammsterpom: paid in full, but never received the coin
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: Item sent,have insured slip,obviously we need to read Ur mind to know it arrived

Buyer gdsommers: I felt the coin was overgraded. AU 58 and not Ch BU.
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: coin is CH BU and hope I can buy a 1000 as AU58's-use a glass

Buyer kevorius4hl3: Grading skills can do with a little improvement, I'll keep coin anyway. Thanks!
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: nearly EVERYONE ELSE thinks our grading skills are fine-maybe its you

Buyer coinsbill: Misrepresentation. Coin received is not the coin won in auction(different mint)
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: If wrong item was sent to U,email & we will send the right one-mistake happen

Buyer ruffell: Never received coin. I did not have shipped insured.
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: U don't insure and thats our fault? So U give us bad feedback cause U are cheap?

Buyer devilfish579: Seller blames PO for his blunders/got paid/no coin=Hmmm? NY AG notified.
    Reply by ryandavidcoins: another Ebay rookie that doesn't understand how things work >>

• Thank Goodness for feedback. If I had seen his rip, I would not have mailed him my persoanl check!!!

• << <i>Thank Goodness for feedback. If I had seen his rip, I would not have mailed him my persoanl check!!! >>

Let alone my credit card or debit card #.
  • ccexccex Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ctnumismatist, Fampack, Ryandavid. What will Fred come back as next? >>

I just noticed that 5 of ryandavidcoins' 6 positive feedbacks as a buyer were from FAMPAK, his first account to be suspended with the blessing of PowerSeller status. As I recall, Fampak's "about me" page said that Fred was named Michael, selling off coins from his collection on eBay one at a time.Feedback as buyer

Since he has discovered that a picture or two help his bottom line, and since he has hired someone to cut and paste descriptions with excuses for his slow shipping, he might be tougher to spot the next time around.
    "Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ............has Fred resurrected ye, and if so, what's his name??

al h.image
  • Anyone here remember the taxi driver in the movie Total Recal?

<< <i>Benny: Hey man, I've got five kids to feed! >>

In short, your lies will eventually catch up to you.

<< <i>Benny: I've got four kids to feed.

Douglas Quaid: So what happened to number five? >>

J.Kriek
    Morgan Dollar Aficionado & Vammer
    Current Set: Morgan Hit List 40 VAM Set
    Haven't spotted him yet, but if the past is any indication, it shouldn't be long.
  • WOW !! His daughter is killed in a car accident and all anyone can think or talk about is their eBay winnings ?!?

That's pretty cold. image

Pray to GOD that none of you find yourself in a similar situation or you'll probably get roasted on this board.

• He obviously lied about his daughter - If he even has a daughter!
    J.Kriek
  • Hey Camero - go back and re-read the thread (and pay attention this time). Regardless of whether or not this dude lost his daughter (even tho I personally doubt the story), this particular a-hole has been doing this sort of BS on ebay for at least 5 user names worth of time and everytime he has been selling the same overgraded crap with the same hot-air overblown attitude towards the people who buy the coins. He is a total slimeball and deserves all of the negative crap that he is getting on this thread!
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • razorface1027razorface1027 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭
    Ahh yes, another CRUMB bites the dust. Good job eBay!...imageimage
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,691 ✭✭✭
    was he a png member?

K S
  • gee thanks ccrdragon

i guess i'm too stupid to comprehend what i'm reading. thanks to you i now understand. (extreme sarcasm)

hukked on foniks wurk'd fur me

............and if you expect to have a smooth ride on the forum highway in that SS350Camaro, perhaps you can learn to temper things a bit and start out with a bit more grace.

just a suggestion, but you'll get a free trip through the "PCGS Vega-Matic" with continued confrontation and you'll lose the enrichment this place can provide.

so, what do you collect, how long have you been at it and do you have some long term collection goals??

al h.image
  • There is much truth in sarcasm.
    J.Kriek
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>WOW !! His daughter is killed in a car accident and all anyone can think or talk about is their eBay winnings ?!?

That's pretty cold. >>

<< <i>i guess i'm too stupid to comprehend what i'm reading. thanks to you i now understand. (extreme sarcasm) >>

Another newb with a hidden profile steps up to defend a slimeball. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Precisely my thoughts, Russ.
    J.Kriek
    Hey Russ, isn't it interesting how they show up here and always know to hide their profile?

For the record, this guy is one of the most sleazy to ever hit the Bay. His original eBay handle was ctnumisaut@aol.com. I want to share a little story of someone who observed him in action:

The "one-word description seller" is named Fred Sarafino, I've posted about him at length in the ng in the past, I can forward you my prior correspondence if interested. To sum up, he used to run live auctions in Connecticut with hand-typed catalogs with the same descriptions he now uses on eBay. Every coin was desperately overgraded and/or cleaned. He apparently moved his business to eBay to save on overhead.

Now, here's the interesting bit: I was at the WESPNEX show in White Plains, NY at the end of January, chatting with a (reputable) dealer I've known for years. Fred's wife walked over and interrupted us by slapping down a check for two Indian cents. I glanced down at the invoice, and later jotted down what was there: an 1881 in VF for $13, and an 1884 in cleaned AU for $60.

About a week later, I searched ctnumisaut@aol.com 's auctions. You guessed it... he had an 1881 Indian up as "MS63 Brown" starting at $22, and an 1884 Indian up as "MS66 Brown" starting at $100. Both coins eventualy sold.

I can't prove the two coins I saw the Sarafinos buy are the two he auctioned, but the evidence is all there. I do know from other area dealers that Fred is always looking for cleaned or problem coins, which the locals are more than willing to sell him, since they can't / won't sell them themselves.

• Ok ..... yes, i am new to this board. I have just recently started visiting, and learning hoards of new info from some of you who provide informed and detailed posts.
    Russ states: A " newbie with a hidden profile" ?

I didn't know i had a profile to hide? Sorry,I didn't know it's important for everyone to know personal information about me.
    A quick intro:
    My name is Doug. Been a collector of fine "stuff" for quite a few years. baseball cards, comics, hot wheels, different things from my birth year, trying to recapture my youth with the things i had as a kid that my Mother decided to get rid of one day while i was at school. a sad day indeed :-(
    I collect U.S. coins. Recently finished a high grade Peace Dollar set (loose, in an Intercept Shield book), a Morgan Dollar set (loose, in Intercept Shield books), and a 1909 thru current Lincoln Cent set (also loose, in an Intercept Shield book). Currently i am working on a Lincoln Memorial Cent Proof Set in PCGS Pr69Dcam, or as close to that grade as i can get and afford. I'm down to needing 5. 1959, 73, 74, 75, and 91. Some of these are freaking expensive so i'm sure i'll be setteling for lower grades until the right opportunity comes along. The '91 seems to be elusive in 69dcam for some reason?
    ..........................................................................................................
    yes ... i have had one dealing with ryandavidcoins. I bought a Lincoln cent. I received a Lincoln cent, unfortunately it was the wrong one. I contacted them, they appologized profusely. After a day of searching they got back to me to let me know that the coin couldn't be found. Again, appologizing. They immediately refunded my money, shipping included, and told me to keep the coin i received.
    The coin i got was actually a better year and in better condition than what i had originally won. And worth more.
    Do i have a legitimate "beef" with them? Maybe, but i think it all worked out fine. If the coin was worthless, i still had my money refunded.
    He states that his daughter was killed in an auto accident. Geez people !! if it's true, and unless any one of you know him personally and can attest to the opposite, don't you think it would be quite a life altering situation??
    Coins are not the most important thing in life.
    I generally don't try to ruffle anyones feathers, especially when it seems like a few of you are here for the good of the rest of us, but when it looks like a linch mob mentallity i believe i have the right to also express my opinions too. ?

keets:
    thanks for the advice. i'm sure you're correct. if i don't go against the grain the ride will be smooth.
    i am a firm believer that everyone should, and has, an opinion. if it doesn't quite agree with everyone else is that a bad thing? i hope not. a little "discussion" provides for debate. much can be learned from it all. ...... agreed, my response to ccrdragon should have been tempered but i also intended for it to have a slight bit of humor. evidently i failed miserably.
    What's the "PCGS vege-matic" ? never heard that one before :-)
    hey SS350

going against the grain is often times my style as well and i can only agree that it is sometimes productive and always best to be true to my own spirit. however, as i age i learn the importance of what it says on the little plaque that a friend has----TACT is the ability to tell a man to go to h#ll and have him happy to be on his way.

..........and the PCGS Vegi-Matic? that's something i whipped up in my head when i replied and it comes from that handy little kitchen item from the 60's and 70's. here at the PCGS forum you'll be sliced-and-diced if you rub the regulars the wrong way at first. more than a few have done that and been hit........well, you know where on the way out the door!! i've been fortunate enough to have weathered my own well-brewed-storms and have hung on with the help of others to enjoy my stay and grow in the hobby. i wish you my kind of success.

al h.image

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i have had one dealing with ryandavidcoins. I bought a Lincoln cent. I received a Lincoln cent, unfortunately it was the wrong one. I contacted them, they appologized profusely. After a day of searching they got back to me to let me know that the coin couldn't be found. Again, appologizing. >>

This is always his MO in the early going with a new eBay incarnation. He protects his reputation long enough to build up some credibility, than the ripoffs begin. He's done it over and over again. You were nothing more than lucky based on the timing of your purchase. I know, as I was also lucky when he was delaney before I found out the history.

This guy has ripped off thousands of people to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars - that's why you received the reaction you did when you defended him.

Oh, and welcome aboard.

Russ, NCNE
    One of Sarafino's classic retaliatory negatives:

U lyin piece of garbage!

He left that exact phrase as a retaliatory negative to over 30 eBayer's who negged him in one day. Shortly afterwards he made his feedback private, and about a week after that got his first of many boots from eBay.

• << <i>TACT is the ability to tell a man to go to h#ll and have him happy to be on his way. >>

- well said keets!

Whether the claims about his daughter are true or not, it does not give him the right to continually rip off customers. I thank members like Boom, K6AZ and others that keep tabs on these slimeballs, and report their going-ons in these threads. If we cannot look out for each other than who can we look out for?

ss350camaro - welcome to the boards! This is one of the greatest learning tools that I have found for Coin Collecting! image

Edit for spellin!
    SNIKT!
    You are doing well, subject 15837. You are a good person.
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

eBay will let him back. He's a sacred POWER SELLER!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• ss350 if you were being sarcastic, nobody could tell. Ease up on the attitude.
  • RGTRGT Posts: 508 ✭✭
    I ran across this guy a couple of weeks ago and thought it might be the next incarnation. Now I think it's just another average overgrading raw coin seller on ebay.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file