Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What current boxes on the market would you recommend?

Being a vintage collector I have not bought a box of cards in some time. I have enjoyed the posts recently about some of the products that have come out. I will be going to the Naxcom.com show tomorrow in Waikik and would like to purchase a box of the new stuff and see what I come up with. I need suggestions on what I should consider and what prices I can expect to pay. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. This is the first card show in Hawaii in over a year. GAI is here to take submissions. I'm sad no PSA rep.

Thanks, Ed
email address: alohaet@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    i havent busted any (maybe 10 packs cuz I snagged em at $1.90 each), but from what ive been reading it sounds like Donruss DK baseball is good.. best thing I pulled was some kinda dale murphy #/400
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    I am a dealer and if you can find topps heritage there go for it. it is rising every day. other than that anything basketball(except for ud rookie exclusives image what a rip off) If you see 03-04 topps chrome basketball go for it! it is rising every day.

Get ready for topps cracker jack. and topps series 2 baseball.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alohaet
    I'm in agreement with Kuhlmann - being vintage, I think you would really like the design of the 2004 Heritage - plus you have a chance to pull some nice inserts - the flashback cards are informative and the clubhouse collection is pretty cool - in 2 boxes i pulled a Maddux and Pujols GU card - chromes look really nice - centering can be a bit erratic tho.
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
  • Options

Thanks for the suggestions. What price range can I expect on the 2004 Topps Heritage and Crome Basketball?

Ed
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I paid 75$/box for the 04 Heritage baseball - I understand it's up to about 95$ - but ya know it's out on retail now from what i've heard tonite - Walmart e.g. - no premium there if ya can snatch it before someone else - by the way - I like the 2003 Bowman heritage which is actually a 04 product which is less than 3$/pack at Target - 11 pack retail box for 30$ - has some nice cards - the design is simple and classic albeit boring a bit - it's the 56 Bowman design that never was in concept - I'm trying to put the auto set together - these autos are prospect players
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Hi Ed,
    where exactly is the show tomorrow I think I will check it out
    John
  • Options
    JmnesqJmnesq Posts: 250 ✭✭
    Avoid DIamond Kings unless you SEE the dealer crack the case. Once the dealer hits the 1/1, the rest of the boxes are devalued.
    Jeff

Collecting Bowman Chrome Phillies Rookie Cards and Mike Schmidt certified auto cards.
  • Options
    John, the show is at the Ilikai Hotel on Ala Moana Blvd. Hours are 10 AM to 4 PM, admission is $4.00.

Ed
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

I recommend the Topps Heritage products. Even the vintage collectors like this product and the set keep their values (for the most part).

John
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    good suggestions from above, Ill also add that if you are looking for long term rookie investment look
    for 2003 bowman chrome draft picks and/or 2003 DLP Rookies and Traded. The DLP has 2 autos and
    2 GU a box plus a load of numbered rookies. The bowman chrome will deliver an auto and a jersey
    per box and a 1:3 box chance at a gold refractor which are on fire if you hit the right one.

Have fun and make sure you let us know what you pull!

Kevin