Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Never seen a PSA 9 Brett rookie go this high!

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."

Comments

• Options
    I follow the PSA 9 Brett rookies very closely, and I would agree that this is the highest I have ever seen paid for this card. However, from what I can see in the scan, this is also absolutely the nicest PSA 9 Brett rookie I have ever seen. I can't see a single flaw on this card. Centering, corners, no print imperfections - this is a real beauty. I have been wanting to buy a PSA 9 Brett rookie for several years now, but all of them seem to have flaws - either the centering is bad or there are print imperfections, etc. Yet, these 9's still consistently sell for around $700. I would have paid good money for this one, but it just went too high for my taste. I think it is an awesome looking card, easily as nice as a eithwer of the two 10's that I have seen recently. In fact, this 9 looks like a 10 in my book, and I would therefore say it was a bargain compared to the price the 10's have gone for recently (just not enough of a bargain for me to be a buyer).
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    you all would be ticked to see my 8 that looks like this...and realize i only payed 50 bucks on ebay and 6 bucks to have it graded

imageimageimageimageimage

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Why would we all be ticked?
    Good for you.
  • Options
    That was a bidding war between two guys. One is out of the running now so the next Brett should sell in the 700 range.

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Yep - if not even lower than that.
  • Options
    agreed, I was watching 2 hank aarons that were 4 min apart yesterday on ebay...both psa 7's in 55 topps..2 people bid on the first one all the way up to 370...the next one 4 min later sold for 300.00..a 70 savings..all because of 2 bidders, and the one that lost didnt even win the second card...