Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

SUPER Sweet mail day..Vick and Manning autos!!

I got these in today..

2001 Playoff Buyback auto Peyton Manning #16/21 (College jersey #) (What makes this card sooo sweet is that its his 1998 Contenders ROOKIE TICKET AUTO!!)

2002 UD SP Authentic Sign of the Times Michael Vick Autograph

One of the best mail days ever!

Thanks
Seth

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

Trading/Buying all high end BILLS GU/Autos! ! !

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Did he sign it again? The Contenders was already auto'd. Why would they make it a BuyBack?
  • Options
    no they just wanted to reinsert the auto into packs again i guess. They seem to buyback a lot of the players rookie cards and get them signed, in this case they just obtained 21 of the 98 contenders, numbered them and put them into packs.

Seth

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    more than likely they had some left over and put them into packs....companies can't afford to buy back
    these for real. After a certain point replacment cards aren't needed and so they are putting them back
    into packs to save money. Nice card!

JS
  • Options
    Yea I know there the replacments kept back..I just say buyback so people know what im talking about.

Thanks
    Seth

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• Options
    That is stupid- they ruined a perfectly good $1,000 rookie card.
  • Options
    I dont think they ruined it really at all. The cards would of been destroyed if they didn't do the buybacks. Plus the #16 is Mannings college jersey #.

Seth

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• Options
    but now it is a 2004 buyback card instead of a rookie. They should send those to people when they screw up redemptions and take a year to get it back to you or when they put damaged cards in their products.
  • Options
    Its a 2001 buyback..playoff is always good with redemptions..it never takes up to a year for that..they mess up so few times that they wouldn't give these cards to angry people. Thats UD your thinking about. Besides, how may mess ups deserve a $700 rc autograph? Might as well reinsert them into packs and give collecters another chance to pull it. Its still his 1998 contenders rc ticket autograph.

Seth

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• Options
    Very Nice mail day! Jamie's gunna drool when he reads about that Manning.
    GO DUKE!

WANTED: Vince Carter!

Refs- JTinsley001, Judgement, DKiger, Cardnyou, Jimjoe, 23jordan8kobe, WhiteIce, Itsjustme, LilGotz1, Joestalin, Littlecrum
  • Options
    thanks for the props.

Seth

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards