Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Onlyroosies strikes again -- Nick has more gems!!

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
rainbowroosie April 1, 2003

Comments

• Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing to do with me Bill.
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry,
    I just can't "bait" you anymore...ah, for the good old days when roosie strings had 50 entries ...and some passion! All the fire seems to have left roosieland....image

Maybe I can get Craig fired up??????
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    Bill - you wanna get ME fired up????? Well, go ahead and use BIN and I promise I will get fired up.......laughing that is!

Actually, Nick and I saw this set at Long Beach last month............
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    I'd be in at the 2400 level.....oooops. forgot the decimal point!!!!!! Make that $24.00image
  • Options
    ....ah, Bill....give the seller a break - the set is live on ebay (again) and someone may just pony up.....but someone could read your post and decide that maybe its just not worth that kind of money and the seller will out a sale......is that fair???? Show some restraint. Now if someone BIN's, feel free to attack......or it ends again with no bids, then lets really knock the set....but I think we gotta wait till then to make any knowledgeable comments. At least that's what I think.........
    Craig
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Hey Guys, thats not funny I am ready to bid on this set I need some upgrades.
  • Options
    Craig,
    As always, you display good judgement.image
  • Options
    I'm not knocking that set, but $2400 is a pretty ballsy asking price for a raw set. I see a much cheaper set here on ebay: item 3900776573 [sorry , I don't know how to do the linky-thing].

Craig, you've seen the set. I don't think it would be improper for you to opine what you thought of the set gradewise?
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    I saw the set and all I will say at this point is that I will not be bidding on it. So for those of you that
    thought you might be fighting me for it, That will not be the case.

Onlyroosies
  • Options
    I will ditto Nick's comments.
    Craig
  • Options
    wildjagwildjag Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭
    Even after relisting a couple times and setting the price at $2,170, this set just seems out of my range. Try getting them all graded, that way we know exactly what the coins are worth. imageimage
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Without a thought to it's pricing, nice "starter" set.... probably could learn a lot doing the upgrades. image
  • Options
    Wow, this string came back from the dead!!! .....I'd still be in at my above level.......But Roosie strings ain't what they used to be with Nick now trying to make a fortune on clad gems and 66 quarters........................imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>trying to make a fortune on clad gems and 66 quarters... >>

???
    Well, I guess when you're limited to just $16.50, face, in quarters, you have to be very circumspect.
    I'd rather have $16.50 in dimes. image
  • Options
    Craig
  • Options
    Ok Bill, Just for you I put up a nice selection of toned Roosies that even you should be able to
    appreciate. I always have something special in my bag of tricks, go check my auctions now.

Nick
  • Options
    Nick,
    Technically they are OK, but where are the ones with color/eye appeal?????imageimageimage
  • Options
    Check's in the mail............................image
    Craig