Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1972 Topps Collectors

I haven't paid much attention to the boards or card collecting lately . I did check to see the feb special and print out sub form. Well I procrastinated till last nite and burned the midnite oil to get 250 75's in the mail this morning, this will just about complete the set for me. Thus the reason for my question for valid dates on special. While hunting up my 75's i came across 50 72's that i'd prepared for a $6 special back in 8/02. For some reason I never sent them in, more than likely was afraid my grading eye wasn't that good of the 100 72's I did send in from this set I received one 10 and several 9's with a small handful of 7's rest were 8's. Now my question are the 72's still going pretty well couple of years ago the fab 5 were bidding everything up is there a good market. In syracuse we got a post office open sunday so I think I can still get them in under the special 1972 was included correct? Thanks for any iinput Tomimage
"All my life I've been searching for something"

Comments

• Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Man, you are a procrastinator. Maybe we can finally see you complete that 1975 set. Good luck!
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Last year the special ended on Jan 15th. I sent in my last package on Jan 16th. They graded it with no problems and no phone calls. I figured I would just play stupid if they did call, lol, but everything went ok. That would be my suggestion. Besides, they are in the business of making a profit. They aren't going to fret over one day. They would probably only say something if they knew somebody abused the special like a 300 card invoice 5 days too late or something.
  • Options
    If you have any 9s or 10s I need for my 1972 set I will pay top $ for them. Email me at eolander@yahoo.com.

Eric
  • Options
    I made it to my local PO at 1:50 today to drop off my final 145 card submission under the current special (they close at 2:00 and aren't open on Sunday). I really pushed myself to get it done, but I was prepared to spend the 1 hour or longer wait in line at another PO about 10 miles away that is open until 5:00PM on Sunday. Yes, the special is good as long as it is postmarked by 2/29 - gotta love those leap years and PO's that are open on Sunday! Perfect combination for the procrastinators. image

JEB.
  • Options
    if you can't get them in on time and they are nm/mt or better i'll buy them from you.
  • Options

<< <i>If you have any 9s or 10s I need for my 1972 set I will pay top $ for them. Email me at eolander@yahoo.com.

Eric >>

I will pay top dollar....plus a dollar to top Eric and get the cards I need................send me a list and I will send you a blank check I always say..........................GOT A PROBLEM........................THROW MONEY AT IT........imageimageimageimageimage
    live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    tbub,

I think to answer your question - the 72 market has changed a bit in the last 2 years... The tough cards are becoming more expensive than they ever have before while the easy, high pop cards are basically bringing in $6, $7 on eBay in PSA 8 form - PSA 7's unless they're from the high series are a losing proposition and many of the easy PSA 9's are selling for $25.

If it is a 9 or 10 that Eric Olander, Brian Long and I need - you can pretty much guarantee that it will go for over $150 on eBay - possibly over $200. There are also a few newer bidders who have been making life interesting on eBay for us as well for low pops.

Good luck with the submission!
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭