Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PCGS 1928-s MS66 merc, whats the price range?

If anyone out there could give me an idea on what it would be worth, it would be appreciated, PCGS has a price of $800 on it, but yet heritage has a price range of $300-$575 for ones auctioned before. whats a bright white example worth?

Comments

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I think Heritage's Auction Archives gives the best range of pricing. It is based on the auctions, and you can see the coins. PCGS' price guide is not updated as often as it should be. The other source for priceing would be the grey sheet (I don't have a current sheet, so I can't give you that info) The grey sheet only goes to 65FB anyway.

There is a blue sheet that goes to higher grades, however, that doesn't seem accurate.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I paid $475 for this one in June 2002, and thought I was being very generous, but it is a nice coin.

imageimage

Jim

Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would pay 500/550.00 for a real stunner.Al
  • Options
    well, here's the coin guys, I ended up purchasing it or $450. I'm fairly pleased with the coin and feel like its a good example.

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coin and good price.
  • Options
    JrGMan2004JrGMan2004 Posts: 7,557
    Mmmm... nice coin! image
    -George
    42/92