Well, I got my LOTR New Zealand $1 today. Looks awesomeimage

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Looks awesome >>

Sure can't tell from your picture!image
    Roy

• Options
    jasbucksjasbucks Posts: 127 ✭✭
    I successfully scanned mine yesterday in an effort to help but I just can't seem to get the file size small enough?!?!?
    Any tips would be welcome. I got down to 350 dpi & I think the lowest I can go is 100-150.
    Jack
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Jasbucks, I think there's another setting on your scanner that allows you to vary the percentage of detail that a scan takes. I don't know the term for it, but I have mine set at about 60-65%, and this allows me to have rather large-appearing scans and still fit within the 50kb limit. I scan at either 600 or 1200 dpi, then filter the image through Irfanview software (it's free) and cut out the excess. The results can be seen in any of my posted coins (for example, do a search for Jester's Challenge). I think you'll be able to post large scans as soon as you figure out how to manipulate your scanner.

I hope this helps.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    jasbucksjasbucks Posts: 127 ✭✭
    Thanks for the tip 1Jester. I'll look up that Irfanview freeware & I appreciate the tip.
    Thx cosmicdebris for postin the pic.
    Jack