Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What will this 57-58 Topps Bill Russell rookie sell for?

There are some amazing items in this auction including a PSA 10 Ted Williams 1940 Playball.

Bill Russell GAI 9.5 Rookie

Comments

• Options
    My guess is about 20K. Card looks really nice. One of the big time bucket collector's will nab this one. IE big KR, or Sports History. Maybe even dave. will make a run at it. Wonder if they will try to cross it. I just this week got my first GAI graded card off ebay. I really like it, a fleer Dr J in a 9, that is just as nice as any 9 i've seen in psa holder. Going to pick up few gai of cards i like. Like the holders as well and they look tamper proof, which is key. Reason #1 why this Russell should stay in said holder. This has to be one gai marquee cards out there. Could be there holy grail. Would be something if Joe O went out and snaped it up and then put in a PSa holder just to spite the gai crew.........................
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I think the 20K figure is right, maybe even a bit more. Quite a nice card, maybe the nicest Russell rookie I have ever seen.
  • Options
    What a nice card the Russell is.

Take a look at some of the Old Judges.

This is one of the tightest finest auctions I have seen in a while

I will be doing some bidding in this one.

H. Walker

• Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    PSA population report says no 10 gem mint card has been graded and only three 9 mint cards have been graded.

Did someone pop one of the PSA 9 cards and upgraded it to GAI 9.5?

SMR says PSA 9 is $11000, so this thing should sell for more than that.
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    I wonder what this Psa 8 I mean 9 will go for:

54 Erskine

aconte
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    That is one beautiful Erskine card. Are you planning to cross to SGC to improve your registry GPA?
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Koby,

I doubt that card would cross. Besides my Sgc 88 is nicer. No need to pay over $1,500 for a nm/mt card.

aconte
  • Options
    Tony,
    Is that one of the 3 PSA 8's that mysteriously became 9's overnight?
  • Options
    Just about nailed the price exactly on this one, went for just a little less than 20k. Somebody got a nice card here, the best Russell rookie in existence is my bet. ...............