Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Post(cards) Grading Question

Does PSA grade Post cerial cards. If they do how does one go about cutting one. I know on the 300 greatest cards the 62 Post Maris is listed so I assume they grade these critters. I bought a llife magazine last night on ebay that had both maris and mantle in it. My thoughts were to get the maris graded for this set. I checked the top sets and nobody has this card. Any help would be appreciated. I am not sure how to do the link but the auction number is 2789344858.

Daveimage
Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com

Comments

• Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Dave...

Yes, PSA does grade Post Cereal cards. I have had some of my 1961 Post graded already. One thing to watch for when submitting...if there is no border, they will holder the card and put 'authentic' on the label with no grade. I found this out the hard way. I think they are still learning on these Post issues but for the most part, I felt the grades were correct.
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    Dave,

If you search Ebay completed auctions, I believe you'll find some that sold in the past few days.

Todd
    Todd Schultz (taslegal@hotmail.com)
    ebay id: nolemmings
  • Options
    Todd

Thanks just did it and yes they grade them. The big question now is how do I cut the cards. One showed perferated and another showed hand cut. Whats more valualble?? I think I will contact PSA and ask them.

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    Dave,

I posted this a few months ago on a similar thread, but I can't find it because the search feature does not appear to be working (for several days now, actually).

Anyhow, here are scans of a couple of Clemente cards that I have. The 1961 Post should grade. It is neatly cut along the perforations and there is a nice full border around the entire card. The 1962 Post will not grade. Whoever cut the card cut into the border on the right side of the top edge of the card.

Hope this helps.

JEB.

1961 Post Clemente

1962 Post Clemente