Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

First PSA 10 from the 1960s

My club invoice yielded a 1968 Topps PSA 10. Invoice 4086128 , zip 11746 .
After the submission of 150 or so 1968 Topps cards, I get a ten!
Now should I roll the dice and bust out and resubmit all my nines that I thought were tens?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1974 Topps # 419 Wayne Twitchell PSA 10 GEM MINT

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Congrats ! But it must be a mistake.
    Everyone knows PSA only gives out 10's as a means of rewarding a few select dealers. image

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
  • Options
    wolfbear:

Since it was on a 'club submission', maybe the intent was to make up for current policy regarding mandatory club membership for 'right' to submit. Don't misunderstand me, the perks (smr, pop reps, web) are great and I would probably join regardless, but a choice would have been much better.

ajetfan
  • Options

<< <i>...Since it was on a 'club submission', maybe the intent was to make up for current policy regarding mandatory club membership for 'right' to submit. ... >>

ajetfan,

I wish I had been so lucky on my "free" club submission. Here's what I got last year:

PSA 7
    PSA 6ST
    PSA 6
    PSA 8OC
    PSA 8OC
    PSA 7

Granted, they were all vintage OPC cards, but I had hoped for better on most of them. Oh well.

JEB.
  • Options
    JEB,

If it was last year, club membership wasn't necessary for card submissions. This policy went into effect 1/1/04.
    Seroiusly though, I thought all but the Mantle had a shot at a nine, and was hoping for an 8 on the Mantle Bombers'

ajetfan
  • Options

<< <i>JEB,

If it was last year, club membership wasn't necessary for card submissions. This policy went into effect 1/1/04.
    Seroiusly though, I thought all but the Mantle had a shot at a nine, and was hoping for an 8 on the Mantle Bombers'

ajetfan >>

No, it was last year. Club membership was required as of September 1, 2003. I rejoined in August and sent this submission in September.

JEB.
  • Options
    ajetfan- in regards to your question regarding busting out the 9's that could be 10's; i have a handful of low pop 9's 1/1, 1/3 etc. i felt some of them looked better than some 10's i received and thought of cracking and resubmitting for a shot at a 10. the only problem is once you crack them and submit; if they come back as 9's you have artificially increased the POP # and possibly to a certain degree devalued your cards. just a thought.... in regards to 10's from the 60's you just do not get too many. i think PSA is more inclined to give 10 status to cards after 72 or 73. anyway nice submission! selling or trading the 10's to the top guys of a particular set can enable you to make some serious headway if your looking to complete a set in 8 and/or 9.