Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

PCG Clemente 55; I Need advice

I am trying to get a clemente psa 7/8 in a 55 topps I just saw that a PCG 9.5 is listedon ebay...How is a PCG grade? How does that compare to a PSA if I were to bust it out of its holder? Is PCG one of the companies that grade "trimmed" cards? the item number is 3277535517 please advise!!!!

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    A few years back I bought a common 1950 Bowman that they graded an 8. I actually put in a bid for $2 and actually ended up winning it (go figure). I cracked it and sent it in. I believe it came back a 5 or 6 at most (it wasn't trimmed).

In any case, I'd hold out for a PSA version of the card (unless it sells for a ridiculously low price). I've been on the look out for this Clemente (in much lesser condition) for my HOF RC set and it's just not worth the time to try and crack cards from 'questionable' graders in hopes of hitting the jackpot. JMHO.
  • Options
    Actually, now that I've seen the link, I take back what I said earlier b/c I haven't seen this company before. I think the company I won my card from was something like PGS instead.

Link
  • Options
    it looks 80-20 centered top-bottom...maybe my eyes are getting old.
  • Options
    PCG stands for PRO choice grading, i hope this is not related to PRO grading. just a thought.image
    1959 Topps FB Raw EX+/PSA5+
    1968 Topps Hockey PSA7+
    #1 Ben Troupe Collector
    Tradelist
    E-Mail Me
  • Options
    Personally, I would be nervous about the card because of the sellers feedback. I don't think I would take the chance.

Mike
  • Options
    i agree with ONEGAUCHO , i'd wait for a PSA clemente. i'd stay away from any other company except for the credible ones. GAI, SGC and maybe BVG (not BCCG). i would also avoid the seller.
  • Options
    Thanks!!! I think I will
  • Options
    Unless you know where a card originated from i would also avoid BVG they are well Known in the vintage card market for grading NON factory cut cards wether they be from a sheet or an oversized card being cleaned up. Anyone who doesnt believe me take a card in a BVg holder to a major show and see how few of the Big time dealers have any interest in your card.image
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>it looks 80-20 centered top-bottom...maybe my eyes are getting old. >>

And also left to right centering looks off from the scan...good advice given thus far, stay away if your intent is to crack and resubmit this one.
  • Options
    I am staying away...I have spent to much time putting this set together in a psa 7/8..and this is the key card to the set..its not woth the chance