Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1956 topps white back help..

Guys,

Could you help me out. I was thumbing through my 56 set last night and came across alot of white backs and about a dozen are in the 100-180 series including the dodgers team, mays, and snider. My question is do these command premiums I see the smr has them at 150%. The cards are in ex to nrmt+ with great appeal. Myself I haven't seen any ran on ebay for over a year but I don't look to often am I correct?

Also whats the best way to sell them off. The cards are really pretty nice 5,6,7's if I were to grade them. Raw on ebay or try to hijack a spot on someones table in chicago. Thanks in advance.

Gator

Comments

• Options
    It depends, for the most part the white backs according to the market report book for 50% more than the grey backs. However not every seller or buyer knows this.

What you will indeed find is that the white backs are more popular. Also if you choose to sell them raw you are taking the chance of losing money, getting them graded, in my opinion would be the best way to go. When I was collecting this set I completely ignored any acutions that were ungraded.

Whatever you decide good luck with it!
    Gregory Voit
    AKA..
    Ebay - mpn2gwvputty
    Ratso of the Booze Junkies MC
  • Options
    You should grade the nrmint ones and sell the rest raw on ebay..you will do good raw on ebay for ex and exmint..raw bring you 35-50% of book,..there are alot of 56 collectors for off grade raw stuff that like both variations.... psa 5 commons on ebay bring between 5.99 and 7.99..commons that are 6's bring between 6.99 and 14.99 unless you get a couple fighting over them and nrmint is different story..so if you calcuate all your grading fees and they come back 5 or 6 your probaly gonna be in the hole..the 7's and 8's will do great,,..that is my 2 cents worth
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    you will get a pretty penny for 2nd series whitebacks....first series whitebacks are more common then greybacks in the first series...so never let anyone try an sell you whiteback clemente or kaline and say it rarer then the greyback..they are lying...but definitely...the 2nd series whitebacks are really rare...you could make a KILLING with the dodgers team/mays/snider...wow.

loth
  • Options
    Sandlot-

Thanks for the insight. Thats the direction I was heading.

Lothar-

Have you ever seen any in an auction or ebay?
  • Options
    Here is one example
    Red notice the seller does not mention white/grey back

A better example Campanella the seller states right away that it is a grey back

For your team card here is a comparison Pirates

This seller has a awesome card yet he does not state grey/white back Fox

I would say definitely get the team cards and the HOFers graded and list them on Ebay as white backs you should get more people viewing the auction.

hope any of this helped
    Gregory Voit
    AKA..
    Ebay - mpn2gwvputty
    Ratso of the Booze Junkies MC
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    You might want to check out shoebox cards website www.wvshoeboxcards.com. I just got my catalogue from them and they have a lot of White and grey back variations listed.
  • Options

<< <i>Sandlot-

Thanks for the insight. Thats the direction I was heading.

Lothar-

Have you ever seen any in an auction or ebay? >>

yes I have auctioned them that way..did pretty good..email me if you want to discuss it more in details..sandlot411@aol.com
  • Options
    Hi,

I collect both 1956 white and grey backs. My collection is PSA 8 and PSA 7, in fact, I just added a post offering it for sale. I don't intend on collecting #101-#180 white backs because they are difficult to find in PSA 7 or higher. I do have about 40 or so ungraded, and might be interested if you are looking to sell them. Please email me at mwrobel@peoplepc.com if you would like to discuss.

Thanks, Mike