Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1965 Set Complete

Just finished the 65 set. Thanks to Dominick Terranova for selling me the last card needed. A Morgan #16 RC. What a delight to deal with this true Hobbyist. When I told him it was my last card he was more excited than I was. He got so excited he discounted the card and I didn't even ask. Anyway thanks Dominick if you read this and thanks to Jay at quality cards for selling me 400 of these guys and getting me super jump started. This is the 4th large BB set complete. I will now look to finsh my 67 set which is at 80%. I also will be picking up cards for the 66 and 64. I am about 30 and 40% complete on these. Will continue to dabble in the 70's and low 80's topps set and continue my quest for a complete 89 UD set in 10(72% now). Thanks to all who have helped and special thanks to all the board members your insight into your specialty areas has been priceless.

Dave Jacobs
Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com

Comments

• Options
    Nice job on the set, Stump! Was this card acquired by way of the link you got from one of the board members? Just another example of how great this board is.

Again, great set!

spack
  • Options
    Congratulations, Dave.

I laid off the Morgan on ebay since you were high on it for a while. Now it's gone bonkers. I'll keep my dog for a while longer.

Glad I was ahead of you in completing '67 and glad you're done with '65. I have no plans to start '64 or '66, so our respective ships may not even pass in the proverbial night.
  • Options
    Spacetrack

The lead on the Morgan came off a post here on the borads. What a great tool this message board can be if used correctly.

Toppsgun

Thanks for the consideration on the Morgan. Not quite sure why the card keeps climbing. The pop is high. Picked mine up for 225.00 and its a beauty. The scan is still up on the Terranova website. Good luck with the rest of your 65's. I will only upgrade now and I believe it is 8 cards.

Dave
  • Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    Man, 1989 Score football isn't even on your extended priority list either image. I thought I was catching up with 28 left to go, until your latest update brought you down to 4 left. Not that I'm racing; I know I'd lose to you AND Frank image.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • Options
    Stump,

You continue to amaze meimage Your effort would make me restless. Are you going to make it to chitown next month?

Congrats and have a image on me.

Gator
  • Options
    Congrats Dave, that is one awesome looking set!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike
  • Options
    Great job Dave! 1965 was the year I started first grade and was the first year I bought cards (not many though, because even then a 50-cent a week allowance didn't go that far....)

Steve
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Congrats. You are a machine.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job Dave! At this rate, you'll have every set completed by the end of the year. Will you start building duplicate sets then? image
  • Options
    Congratulations Dave! It couldn't happen to a nicer person or a more avid collector. Major kudos!

Scott
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Congrats Dave on completing such a wonderful set....that is one heck of a accomplishment. Are you totally "done" with it or are you still going to upgrade over time (i.e. Charlie Smith)?

John
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    DAVE - Congrats! Awesome Job!!! Glad my 400+ cards reside in such a classy collection. You got the "easy" ones from me, you did the hard work by locating the rest. image ...jay
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    hey Dave,i have a bunch of 66s in 8s i could move.
    have these in 9.have sent an email to another
    registry member so zip me an email asap if you
    want some 66 psa 8s-all highend.congrats on your 65s!
    pc32@pacbell.net
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    John
    I will upgrade till all cards are 8 or better.

Jay
    Thanks so much for the jump. You are the true class of the hobby.

PC
    Email sent. thanks for the offer.

Dave
  • Options

<< <i>Congrats. You are a machine. >>

Stump...Vargha said it all. Congrats buddy. image
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"