Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The Post office strikes again.

I received this in the mail today. It's what left of a package I mailed to a person in Canada that contained a hockey card. I mailed in on February 3rd. The package looks like it was found in the wreckage of a plane crash. It was stuffed into the plastic bag that you see here with the form letter printed on it.

Of course, the card is gone. And yes, I insured it for $50 but I don't know what card it was. I need to investigate and track this buyer down.

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

Comments

• Options
    rats?
    wood chipper?
    mitre saw?

how on earth?
  • Options
    Looks like,

Iroquois, ON
    K0E 1K0
    Canada
    Does the body rule the mind?
    or does the mind rule the body?
    I dunno...
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    It is obvious how the damage happened. The postmark is in NY, it was a hockey card, therefore the same Zamboni that wrecked the ice in the Nassau County Collaseum before the Bruins game the other night got to this package also.

Beware the renegade Zamboni!!
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Canada, huh? It was probably beavers.
  • Options
    My research shows the card was a 1936 WWG Lionel "Big Train" Conacher Rookie card. It's a shame too because that is a very tough card to come by of that Hall of Famer.

Now it's stuck in an airplane tire forever.
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
  • Options
    Blame Canada.
  • Options
    Tom, that packages got caught in a conveyor belt. Just about the entire shipping industry uses them and I have seen thousands of these packages over the years.image
    Gregory Voit
    AKA..
    Ebay - mpn2gwvputty
    Ratso of the Booze Junkies MC
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭
    SARS maybe??