Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Response to feedback ??

Please check my Ebay feedback, "wufdude". A buyer just gave a neutral for a '82 Ripken PSA 7, stating that I did not say it had a crease!! Knowing that PSA would not give a 7 to a card with a crease, what I should I do if the buyer does not retract the comment?

Comments

• Options
    neutrals dont affect your feedback rating, i believe
  • Options
    Neutrals don’t impact your rating, but I’d respond w/something like “card was in a PSA 7 holder when shipped and shipped in a bubble envelope” or something else you feels reflects the condition of the card
  • Options
    Wufdude,

That is absolute crap. The whole backbone of the grading industry is that if something is a 7 it's a 7. If you buy a graded card and have a problem with the condition take it up with the grading company not the guy who sells it as a 7. There are alot of idiots on ebay and they don't have a clue as to what they are buying. My policy has always been no returns on graded cards and see scan for condition. It sould speak for itself. Tell the guy to get a life and go buy raw from a dealer who will tell him a near mint card is one that looks like my dog chewed on it for a week. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!image Sorry, I had to get that out, I feel you pain.
    Looking for 1971 Topps Football PSA 8 NQ or above, and slowly working my way into the 1962 Topps Football Set. Check out my 1972 Topps Football Set 100% Complete.
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    well i have a problem with your logic.
    if a card like the 1966 mccovey psa 10
    has a HUGE corner crease that is EASILY
    visible in person but not on the scan shouldnt
    you mention it or atleast offer a refund given
    a high probability the buyer will be unhappy?
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    To clarify, I had not knowledge at all of a crease. I had personally sent the card in for grading. It was probably a rough corner, which could still justify a 7, which the buyer didn't like??
  • Options
    Since it was only a neutral, and not the horrible neg. *shutters*, do what Remobolan said.
    Simply reply with something that says " Card was graded a 7 by PSA, you should have known what a 7 was before you purchased it. Did you expect to see a Gem Mint 10 in a 7's case?

I know PSA is not always on the money with some of their grades, but they wouldn't be that far off.

The card could have had a surface wrinkle that was so small it was invisible with the naked eye, but this guy is so anal that he will search it over with a fine tooth comb. He probably bought it to try to turn it back in for a 8 or better. Seen quite a few people do that.

Just my thoughts.

Thanks for letting me express them.
    Move along folks.......Nothing to see here.