Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

New Set Registry Special - What Do You Think?

The new Set Registry special came out which is $10 per card, 5 days service. In light of the fairly quick turnaround times for many orders, I'm not seeing the benefit of these types of specials. In the early days when it took 3 months to get your cards back, this special would have been fantastic.

Comments

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad I'm sneaking in another order under the deadline for the $5 special. I have no use for the 5 day service.
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    I'm not the kind of person who needs my cards back immediately. I realize there are dealers and such who need them back ASAP, but for me this is all a hobby. I'm waiting for the $1-any-card-walkthrough-service-if-you-share-a-name-with-a-cartoon-character special.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I think it's great that they are keeping this special. it really only affects you on star cards. if you have commons, there are cheaper alternatives for anything pre 72. It probably does not make any business sense to lower the price on star cards pre 72 since there is a limited supply anyway. at $10, psa is pricing it on par with it's biggest competitor with a quicker turnaround time for express service.
  • Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    What was the deadline for the old registry special??
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    March CC Special is up as well.

$6 per card 1950's Basketball, Football and Hockey commons. 45 day turnaround.
  • Options
    I sent in over 100 1962 Topps recently and I recieved them way under the expected time.

I would just continue sending them the regular way, at a cheaper rate.

PS-How can I change Unlce Sam to an image I would like besides something on that
    list of icons...any help???
    Always looking for 1968 Topps PSA 8's and 1960 Topps PSA 7's.

JPARCHITECTUS