Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Yet Another Newbie

I couldn't resist any longer! There have been some tremendous threads going the past couple days and I have learned many things amongst all the idle chit-chat -- the dissertation on PSA Low Pop commons and how they can go for outrageous sums was great and the thread on KSA grading was a boon for me (I just bought a 1973 KSA 9 Nolan Ryan a couple days ago and I hope it crosses to a PSA 8)...

So I had to finally jump into the pool. No more just wetting the toes!

If my name or icon treads upon any other member's identity please let me know and I'll change it "tout de suite"...

Keith

Comments

• Options
    welcome!
    and i agree, go Sox
  • Options
    Keith

Welcome its always great to get new blood and ideas

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    Welcome, welcome!

What kind of Ryan 'rare' stuff do you still need? I have a collection of oddball items of his and Ripken. I recently got back a 84 OPC, but it only graded a 7.

Let me know!

em: onegaucho@hotmail.com
  • Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for welcoming me! I'm looking forward to getting to know my fellow PSA collectors!

Keith
  • Options
    onegaucho;

I have too much already! But I am hungry for more... I have sets in all three Ryan registries (The Conforti Collection)... you can peek through sometime... as far as the 84 OPC, I already have a copy, but I am looking for NM-MT to MINT copies of 75, 80, 81, 85, 86, 88 OPCs. Plus I am also looking for some MSA discs and the dreaded 1993 Finest Refractor (that's not OC!)... enough money to keep me eating bag lunches for years!
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard! It's good to know the recent positive trend in topics is attracting new participants.
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Hi Keith , thought I'd post here rather than start yet another newbie thread. I too just joined because of some of the great threads, in particular the '69 low pop one. Just starting to put together a graded 69 set as I have most of the set raw and also have started on a '77 graded set (baseball in both cases).

I have a 77 cello, Ryan on top, not sure if I have a scan of it on here but if you're interested my email is viewable.

Are the icons in the list where you fill in profile available to anyone ? I chose one of these not really knowing.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    Yet another.........image
  • Options
    magellan;

Looks like a banner day for Newbies! Thanks for welcoming me. I just grabbed an icon too... I guess we'll find out eventually if another member has staked claim. I guess they do have opportunities for us to post our own icons, I just don't know much about it yet.

Hmmm... 77 cello? Which Ryan on top? RB, K Leader, or regular issue?

Keith
  • Options
    Keith, it's the regular issue. I just checked & I don't have a scan on here & since I bought a new PC with XP, my scanner won't work with it. I can take a pic with my digital of it but I'm not very impressed with the quality of those images. It's in my box to be sent out to GAI soon as I get forms from them. If you want email me , I can give you more details on it.

David
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    Just took a real good look at cello, pack is nice & tight, very good looking, gum intact but.....card is 30/70 left to right & there is a ding on top edge (above S) which is somewhat discernible to naked eye, also a mark (scratch) on cello wrapper above topps logo, probably a GAI 7 or 7.5 oc. If you're looking for top grade this isn't it.
    Sorry,
    Dave
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    Dave;

I appreciate the honest, unbiased description... I think the centering would be the biggest issue for me on that one... but if you dig up any other Ryan oddballs, LMK...

Keith
  • Options
    I heard there was a sale on newbies...figured I would
    join the madness too!!!
    Always looking for 1968 Topps PSA 8's and 1960 Topps PSA 7's.

JPARCHITECTUS

• Options
    Welcome CON40. Seems like we've had a new wave of newbies this week. You're all welcome here to PSA, which is by far the best grading company.

Skycap
  • Options
    Welcome, Welcome all gather round and enjoy the shared madness of this hobby!image
    Gregory Voit
    AKA..
    Ebay - mpn2gwvputty
    Ratso of the Booze Junkies MC
  • Options
    welcome to all the newbies. I am waving hello but you might not be able to see me because I am quite far away.

the more the merrier, now we just need some more Brits.

Matt
    UK based collector.
  • Options
    Thank you!

You have all made me feel like a member of the family! I am looking forward to getting to know you all as I get around the board in the coming weeks!

Keith
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Welcome Keith...

Glad you are here.

Carlos
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to all the new guys, as always!

It's too bad we don't have some kind of initiation
    process with all types of hazing. We could be having
    a lot of fun right now! image
  • Options

Keith and Dave,

Welcome to the best source of overall knowledge of cards around. Always glad to have new guys posting.

Oh Yea,

WE LIKE NEWBIES imageimageimage

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    Thanks all for your welcome, this board really has some great discussions. As far as the hazing goes.......nothing too strenuous, I'm 49 after all. image
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options

Check out my new web site: Monsters of the Gridiron
  • Options
    Any Sox fan is a friend of mine. Get ready pal....we're amongst many enemies here image

Welcome to the jungle.
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
  • Options
    I may not be proud that he represents my state, but allow me to borrow a quote from John Kerry that I find appropriate in our ongoing battle with the "Evil Empire"...

"Bring it on!"

IMHO by July Kevin Brown, Jon Lieber, Jose Contreras, Bernie Wiliams, Kenny Lofton, and Steve Karsay will all have spent time on the DL. Unless Arod can convert from 3rd to OF to Pitcher to Reliever, the Yanks don't have much of a chance this year!

I just wish I could afford tix to see it all crumble!
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Newcomers welcome aboard!

Keith, looks like you jinxed Bernie Williams already, he'll miss the start of the season.
    The Alston '72 PSA-9 was shipped out this morning, look for it on Monday or Tuesday, thanks!...jay
  • Options
    Jay;

Thanks for the update on Walt... he'll make a nice addition to my HOF Master Set! Hope to do more dealing with you in the future!

Thought for the day: No team with a $100 million player has ever won a World Series... the Yankees have 4 of them... hmmmm... unfortunately, the Sox have 1 too...

Keith