Home U.S. Coin Forum

Pops/value on 1999 silver quarter set in NGC PR70UCAM; down 94% in 3 years

This is just for my own curiosity. I found an old email from late 2000 discussing such a set, the sale of which was discussed in Coin World at the time. I see complete 1999-2003 sets of NGC PR70UCAM silver quarters on ebay for $3300. If prices are about the same for any of them (I don't know if that's true or not), that would make the 1999 silver set in NGC PR70UCAM worth about $700 or so.

At the time of the email, the pops were less than 10 for each state. Just wondering what the NGC pops are today. Later, I'll tell you what the 1999 set sold for at the time of the email (late 2000).

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

Comments

• NGC Census

Well, here ya go. Let us know.

-Dan
  • krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link. Today, pops range from 98 to 187 each.

A complete 1999 silver set of these probably sells today for $700 or so.

When pops for each state were less than 10 (in late 2000), the set that was written up in CW sold for $12,000.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file