Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

mercury just back from PCGS, your turn to guess the grade!

1942-S merc, I will tell you its not FB, but the rest is up to you.

Comments

• Options
    09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
    If that's a scratch on the holder, or something else, I say 66.
  • Options
    yes, its cat hair, imagine that when you have 5 cats at your house.
  • Options
    Pics:

-George
    42/92
  • Options
    MS64... looks really close to FB though in the pic... is that a hit on the bands? Maybe that's what kept it from the FB designation...
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    no, its not a hit, the little spot in the middle is connected, about 90% FB though.
  • Options
    Looked pretty clean in your picture... lack of luster must have hindered the grade... unless there's hits hidden in there that can't be seen on the pics... I'm usually fairly good with technical grading of MS Mercs, but I'm still trying to get a handle on how much luster effects the grade... at least according to PCGS graders...
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    this image isn't correct, the pcgs holder isn't even blue...
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucy you took the words outta my mouth - I was thinking the same- besides this merc to me was a 60-61 IMHO so I guess a MS-62 it RIGHTFULLY is. IN addition to that my friend is a suggestion to at least wait a number of hours if not most of the day to let others join in your thread, if you'd had done that I believe you would have had a much wider response and all.

Nice addition though image

Marc
  • Options
    tjis is just for Lucy, Here's a color pic of the slab so you can see that i did just get it back image

http://forums.collectors.com/include/uploadbox/viewfile.cfm?files=42S2.jpg">Pic:
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    ah, much better!

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter