Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Bartman ball to be destroyed tonight

By the owner of the Harry Carray restaurant. The guy is on the Today Show right now going over how they are going to destroy it tonight. They spent $113,000 to buy the ball, and proceeds (I think people sent the restaurant money...) are going to Juvenille Diabetes to benefeit people like Ron Santo....

Heat and pressure in a bulletproof container this evening. 8:30 pm EST on CNBC.

Marc
I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.

Comments

• Options
    Actually it was never Bartman's ball. He barely touched it and some attorney picked up the fumble, ran with it and had it auctioned off.

Like this is going to reverse the curse.image
  • Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    They did an expirement on ESPN last night for the best way to destroy a MLB baseball.

One was blow torched and the other was stuck in a wood chipper.

Any destructive minds out there have any better ideas?

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    How bout letting a goat eat it, and then slaughter the goat?
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    4 oz of C4
  • Options
    shred it then roll it up in a spliff and smoke it.image

Matt
    UK based collector.
  • Options
    And what are the Cubs going to do if it goes another 100 years where they don't win and feel guilty about this destruction to the ball?

For example, in the year 2020 are they going to dig up Bartman's grave, get a goat and the charred up remains of the Bartman ball during the play offs again?

Reminds me of another intertesting story about the Boston fans like Cubbies fans.Some of the BoSox fans go to Ruth's grave and leave pieces of memorabilia and notes and god knows what else asking Mr.Ruth to lift the curse so Boston can have a championship.

Now if that's not passion of a baseball fan than I don't know what is!

Cubs/Boston in 2004!

Nomar 2004 - Triple crown,league MVP, Golden Glove,World Series, MVP and a new Cadilac.
  • Options
    So now that the ball is a smokey pile of Yarn in a fish tank what do you think?

Anyone buying tickets tomorrow?
  • Options
    I bought some tickets today ! SPring trainning tickets for next thursday I will walk to the game from my apt and see the game. Go cubbies! They play San Fran the game will be on ESPN I was told the game time was moved to 12:05 to accomadate ESPN. As far as the ball if it makes em feel better what the heck.

James
    x
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    boggs301012

<< <i>As far as the ball if it makes em feel better what the heck >>

You got that right - you go to games and can understand - as a veteran (altho not popular here) of the Yank stadium right field bleachers, the fans are fanatical at times! But, make no doubt about it, they know baseball and the value of a cold brew on a sunny sunday double-header afternoon.
    Mike
    Mike