Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

QUESTION ON UN-USED GAME TICKETS

I've got two unused Tickets from the inaugural USFL Championship game from 1983. I've submitted them to PSA for grading. These tickets are near mint.

Any idea on what something like this might be worth? I've never really dealt in un-used tickets before.

Thanks
You get what you pay for

Comments

• Options
    I have little to offer in the way of an answer, but in my limited experience, I would say you must be sure of three things to assure top value:

1. The tix you have were exactly the same as those used for the actual game (not a phantom, not a "printer's proof" (term used loosely);

2. Tix with design and artwork would be far more valuable than ticketron or computer-generated "generics".

3. Tix should have a row and seat assignment. Years ago, I came across several "seasons" tickets for the Arizona Outlaws of the USFL. Each game was covered with a date and time and opponent, and the tix were visually appealing. All of the seats, however, were section 0 row 0, seat 0, or such similar designation that made it apparent they could never have been actually used. If this describes yours, I would say they are very limited in value.

Assuming your tix avoid the above pitfalls, I think they should fare pretty well- my guess is about 1/4-1/2 the value of comparable superbowl tix. They would make an interesting display piece in any event. Good luck.

Todd
    Todd Schultz (taslegal@hotmail.com)
    ebay id: nolemmings
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply.

These tickets have the USL Logo, with the stars and stripes, have section row and seats and are actual game tickets.

I can't wait to get their grades back.

Thanks again

DrFever
    You get what you pay for