Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Latest Fraudulent email from rip off artists

This one is damn good, it says it is from safeharbor@ebay.com and asks you to verify all your billing info and I mean all of it! Right down to mothers maiden name, your social, and everything...

Gregory Voit
AKA..
Ebay - mpn2gwvputty
Ratso of the Booze Junkies MC

Comments

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received one stating my account had been suspended and I needed to click on the link and log in. They sure are getting desperate now that people are becoming aware of the common scams.
  • Options
    I've reeived two bogus e-mails from pople claiming to be EBAY with both advising me my account risked being suspended.

ATTENTION TO ALL THAT MIGHT RECEIVE AN E-MAIL CLAIMING TO BE FROM E-BAY READ ON

If you go to E-Bays's proper website... - open a new browser. They have a feature in Help that allows you to report a suspected bogus e-mail. You will have to enter the e-mail header (for outlook or ol express click on properties of the e-mail)

You will get a reply back within about 5-10 minutes. Their automated system can can the characters in the header to check it's legitimacy. My last bogus came this past weekend. Man it looked real. Found out 5 minutes later it wasn't and deleated it.

Cheers
    You get what you pay for
  • Options
    All you have to do is forward the email to spoof@ebay.com. They will advise you if it's a legitimate email from them or not.

Same with fraudulant paypal emails...spoof@paypal.com

Skip
    I'll take the cards & flowers when I'm living and the BS when I'm dead!

ANGEL OF HOPE

Skip
    TUSTIN CA
  • Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    One of the members here forwarded an legitimate eBay e-mail to spoof@ebay.com, and they told him it was a spoof. I don't think anyone actually looks at what you send there, it's just a security blanket.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...