Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Pathetic PSA Turnaround time...

...I sent a 195 card order in on 2/17. Received at 8 AM on 2/17. It is now 11:45 PM on 2/24, 6 complete business days after they receieved the cards. They're STILL not checked in.

And will this affect the 35 day turnaround time? No. PSA can hold on to these cards for months and THEN enter them into the computer, starting the 35 day process.

Pathetic, and incredibly unprofessional.
Jeff

Collecting Bowman Chrome Phillies Rookie Cards and Mike Schmidt certified auto cards.

Comments

• Options
    Your not the only one.

• Options
    PlayBallPlayBall Posts: 463 ✭✭✭
    Your not the only two.
    Bernie Carlen

Currently collecting.....your guess is as good as mine.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Happened to me too. They sent confirmation of the order, then when it was graded late changed the receipt day retroactively. Even though I dropped it off at the LA show I'm only counting business days- starting the monday after the show, when it was logged in on their system, and not counting the Presidents day holiday the following Monday. It was graded Thursday of the following week, and then the intake date was changed at that time to show a receipt on the previous Thursday. Not a huge deal, but don't say guaranteed if it isn't. This was a month after a submission that "slipped" thru the system at 25 days instead of the promised 10. I was told that they were busy and it happens, and recieved a voucher for 1 free submission. My point is that budgets for making these kind of things right aren't the same as they were a few years ago- but submissions are often less expensive.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Are you sure they are not checked in? I called in to check on a few of mine that were not entered either, and what they did for me was combine a few of my invoices together...which made it seem like only one invoice was checked in (but all cards were part of that one). I would give them a call.
  • Options
    Actually they only count Business days from the time it was recieved. weekend days and holidays don't count.

Which stinks!
    Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
  • Options
    I'm glad it's not the same psa - my first submission several years ago took over 4 months.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options
    I have a question on this issue. Since they are a week or more late on these check-ins when does the clock start? On the day they actually check the cards in, or on the day they received the cards at Newport Beach?

If the answer is the day they actually check the cards in aren't they essentially dodging the fact they may owe us free gradings for missing their turnaround times (assuming they would miss if they used the day the they received the cards at Newport Beach to calculate turnaround times)?

I guess this question is for somebody from PSA customer service?
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I have sent in 5 orders so far on the modern special. all were checked in promptly and all were graded within 6 business days. Since they are grading them so fast in most cases , they should not be in danger of missing the 35 business days even if you start from the date of receipt. if they do then i would contact Joe or someone at psa and you have a good case to get your free grades . I sent in a 6th order that arrived monday and was logged monday. i will add that all of my orders are sent inpackaged with a 5 day special order so that may have something to do with it.

voicing your complaints on here will not do much, if they miss a turnaround time in business days from receipt and you voice your complaints to the proper people you can achieve results.

1 question , has anyone had a turnaround time missed if you count "business" days starting the day after it was received?
  • Options

<< <i>I have sent in 5 orders so far on the modern special. all were checked in promptly and all were graded within 6 business days. Since they are grading them so fast in most cases , they should not be in danger of missing the 35 business days even if you start from the date of receipt. if they do then i would contact Joe or someone at psa and you have a good case to get your free grades . I sent in a 6th order that arrived monday and was logged monday. i will add that all of my orders are sent inpackaged with a 5 day special order so that may have something to do with it.

voicing your complaints on here will not do much, if they miss a turnaround time in business days from receipt and you voice your complaints to the proper people you can achieve results.

1 question , has anyone had a turnaround time missed if you count "business" days starting the day after it was received? >>

Since you submitted under a 5 day special order it's a bit unfair for you to compare your turn around times to the rest of the group. Yours obviously move to the front of the line.

I agree it does nobody any good to complain here and I'm certainly not complaining. I just want to know if anybody here understands the process and can tell me when the clock actually starts from PSA's point of view? I'm a bit perplexed that check-in can actually be so far behind yet they say turnaround times are doing just fine. That makes me wonder how they are calculating turn times?

From my standpoint, I don't really mind them missing my turn times because I'm not selling the cards. I just want to hold them to their guarantee. But I suspect they'll meet the times anyway.
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    gobosox, you misunderstood me . all my orders are shipped with 2 or more orders in the package . one order on the 5 day special and another order on the 35 day modern special and sometimes other services. i write both services on the front of the box. since there is a 5 day order in there, I believe that they get opened immediately so they don't miss the turnaround time. once they open the package they need to log all the orders in the package. my referrence to the turnaround times was to both order types, 5 day special and $5 35 day special.

one more point , I am only grading regular issue topps and opc cards from 72-82 which are much faster grades thatn modern cards which need to be authenticated

since were both abused redsox fans, I understand how I could have been misinterpretedimage
  • Options

<< <i>since were both abused redsox fans, I understand how I could have been misinterpretedimage >>

gotcha.....hey, maybe that's a good strategy for future submissions? Always send in you modern bulks submissions with a quick turn submission so that the modern bulk might benefit from the quick turn? Wishful thinking, huh?

I have multiple submissions per box as well. But mine are modern bulk, cross-overs, vintage economy, and super-sized. The quickest turn guarantee there is 20 days. image
  • Options
    There's always ebay as a source to obtain graded cards.image
  • Options
  • Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    murcerfan

I thought we banned the phrase...... "my sources tell me" image
    "Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Options
    Didnt Joe already address this on another thread?
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>Didnt Joe already address this on another thread? >>

yes, he did.

PSA Message from the President - CU rumors, etc.

and his email address (from his own forum profile) is:
    orlandoj@collectors.com
    imageimage
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm glad it's not the same psa - my first submission several years ago took over 4 months >>

WAYNE - I remember those days well!

Since the 1970's $5 special came out a month and change ago, I submitted 5 orders, 4 for the special and a 1960's 50 card submission,
    during that time, 3 of the orders took 3 days, 1 took 4 days, and another I'm waiting on since 1/29. With service that quick, it doesn't bother me that some took a day or 2 longer to log in. As long as the grades were consistent and its within the guaranteed turnaround time, I'm a happy camper...jay
  • Options
    Neither thread answers the simple question I asked. Can anyone tell me when the clock actually starts from PSA's point of view? A receipt of our package or at check-in? No biggy...just wondering. I'm not looking to start a cycle time study here but it's nice to know what they're promising.
  • Options

<< <i>Can anyone tell me when the clock actually starts from PSA's point of view? >>

yes, but they need to be ASKED
    (posting here does not always get seen)

ask the source!

call - (800) 325-1121
    or
    carol@collectors.com
    or
    rlandoj@collectors.com">orlandoj@collectors.com
    imageimage
  • Options
    sorry,
    joe's email is
    orlandoj@collectors.com
    imageimage
  • Options
    JmnesqJmnesq Posts: 250 ✭✭
    UPDATE:

Received call from 'checkerinner' at PSA. I put the wrong quantity down on something, but that means they opened my package. They confirmed that they were now sending it to the grading side.

Today, I received the call at 5 pm. Today is the 27th. They RECEIVED the cards at 8 AM on the 17th. That's 10 full days, or 8 full business days to check them in. And that doesn't count against the 35 day waiting period.

{sigh}
    Jeff

Collecting Bowman Chrome Phillies Rookie Cards and Mike Schmidt certified auto cards.
  • Options
    JmnesqJmnesq Posts: 250 ✭✭
    As of Saturday 2/28, still not in the system...
    Jeff

• Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Jay. I've never had a batch go over the guaranteed time since they started that, so anytime that happens, it's just a rare human error. Also it's obvious that the $5 deal is what's causing the slowdown and I don't want them to quit doing those. I say keep the $5 deals coming and we can survive with a mistake here and there.