Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

SP Signature BASKETBALL will it be good stuff or crap?

SP Signature BASKETBALL will it be good stuff or crap?

its due out in about 10 days and i was thinking about preordering a case. i know the football product was nice, but the wax price became soft and dropped.

but this is basketball and it sems every basketabll wax product has taken off. look at chrome for an example.

will any of you buy the product, it will probably be about $60 a pack, for only 3 cards thought.

do you think its worth while to bust a 12 box case or no?

comments/thoughts appreciated.

thanks
jason

Comments

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    If you pull lebron mj or carmelo you will be happyimage.

i have sold 6 boxes pre sale on ebay and another 12 on my website. so it is selling. i only have 6 left to sell. and it comes out march 2nd not 10 days from now. i should have them on friday im hoping.
  • Options
    may i ask what is your presell price?

thanks
    jason
  • Options
    Jason
    i have them at 52.50 a can. www.gamedaylegends.com i have 6 left now.

Chris
  • Options
    As another dealer, I'm not quite so sure. I've certainly noticed that the higher priced products are always the biggest gamble. The AUTO list was good, but I can't say that it absolutely blew me away. I would reccommend to wait for SP Authentic if you really want to bust a case, I think it comes out only three or four weeks later if I remember correctly. I have two cases of SPA coming in, but I'll be honest with you and say that I probably don't want to part with it at ebay prices. Actually I've got 2 cases of the SP Signature also, so same boat I guess, although I might be a little more close to ebay prices on the Signature than the Authentic. The SP Signature true RC's are going to be like the Sweet Spot football patch cards, with the first 25 AUTO'd I think, so obviously a good Melo or LeBron would have you covered, as would a Jordan AUTO of any kind. Let me know if you might need anything, Jason
    Baseball Card Heaven, the closest card shop to the Las Vegas Strip.

Our current ebay auctions, and of course BaseBallCardHeaven.com
  • Options
    Kall mallone say

I think your chances with the ud sigs tin can. will be better than sp authentic. it says in the ud sigs a star legend or rookie. with sp authentic its like 90$ a box and you might bet a bunch of 5$ auto's. i think with these sigs cans you will get 60% of your money back on a bad hit. ebay prices tonite had some of these cans ending at 75$(might of been some shill bidding on those). the ones i sold got me about the same as my site around 50-58$ a can.
    anyway i know sp is a great product but i never did well with it.
  • Options
    Since it we are on topic, does anyone know the release date for

03/04 SP authentic basketball

&

03/04 SP SIGNATURE Basketball?

I hear march 24th not sure if this is correct or not, hopefully someone here might know better its hard finding a good answer image

Thanks

Basketball, Football, Baseball & Golf
  • Options
    the signature releases march 2nd. sp i think is the 24th.

the sigs might be live on ebay friday.
  • Options
    I'm holding off for Ultimate Collection. This'll be the one IMO.
    J.P. (rxfreud@aol.com)
    Proudly buying your rookie cards since 1987.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I think that's correct about Ultimate, but this year they are pushing it even further with Upper Deck Exquisite. I read somewhere $500 a pack?
  • Options
    Unfortunately that's true. Upper Deck still hasn't grasped the simple concept that most of us just don't have that kind of budget. And judging by other baseball and football products such as Leaf Limited, Donruss Timelines, etc., this won't be a lesson learned anytime soon, by anyone. Someone on the Beckett boards, who is currently in Hawaii for the Trade Expo, said that while attending a press conference, Upper Deck announced that they will produce a product with a $1000 Per Pack price tag. And no, I'm not kidding.
    J.P. (rxfreud@aol.com)
    Proudly buying your rookie cards since 1987.
  • Options
    1k/pack for what will likely result in many "no name/no cotender rc autos"? and I thought the $200/pack (4 cards) for Prime Cuts was high. Not to mention Limited, Ultimate Collection, etc. I miss the days of $.25 pack- of course, there was no game used/auto/refractor/chrome/#d/razzledazzle back then. But the gum was mighty tasty.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    $1000 a pack is ridiculous.
    What would be an awesome pull out of a pack like that? A serial numbered cut autograph of a long-deceased Hall of Famer? Well, when autographed photos of people like Jimmie Foxx go for half that or less, how long would it take for collectors to decide just to go for the original memorabilia? And if they don't, how much real memorabilia will be left after a few of these sets?

At a certain price point, anything you can put on a card just won't be worthwhile - unless this set is chock full of "cards like the "win a round of golf with Tiger" insert.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options

<< <i>I think that's correct about Ultimate, but this year they are pushing it even further with Upper Deck Exquisite. I read somewhere $500 a pack? >>

what the holy hell could they put in there to justify a $500/pack price tag? even if its one Jordan auto per 2 or 4 packs, thats still ridiculous
  • Options
    well...

i ended up buying 4 6 boxes cases

and because i'm getting it...its sure to be crap, buyer beware

if would have passed...it would have been gold as gold

jason
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    UD has put out nothing but crap this year. They signed the big guy in Lebron and that bought
    them the ability to sell out every other card company in basketball no matter what they put in the
    products. They make products with print runs of 50,000 boxes and put in 100 Lebron autos and
    25 MJ's in it....they are running on past wins.

Last year I liked UD Generations and SPA...of course Generations was actually worth the money
    more of the time so you won't see it this year. I would wait for SPA and if you can afford Ultimate
    why not...there is nothing like a Luke Ridnoir auto rookie card numbered to 100!

UD is lucky that Playoff doesn't do basketball!

JS
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    So, has anyone busted a tin of this yet? I see prices almost at $75++ a tin, and am curious what 3 cards you might get for that. Did someone say Ndudi Ebi Auto RC?
  • Options
    well...what's the verdict?

good stuff or crap?

thanks
    jason