Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Oh boy, now you guys are really going to talk #@$% about me.

Well after my previous bashing of the Donruss Diamond Kings and their fake 1/1's which are really 1/20's, I picked up a few boxes in trade with Greg Lambert at the SF Tristar. Customers were asking for them, so I had to get a few.

Here's your guys fun part (Stalin is going to rip me): I sold the first of three boxes to my roommate and he went home with the box. About forty five minutes later I got a call and in his fifth pack he got a Piazza 1/1 Autograph. I checked on ebay and they have been going in the $500-$700 range, so obviously a sweet pull. I personally still feel they should label them 1/20 and make the same card, but now that he wants me to list it for him I've got to play Devil's Advocate and talk it up in the description.

So now since it's my roommate's card and I'm listing it, not only will you guys all call me a liar and try to say that I opened a case and just went for the case card, but I'm also a hypocrite for saying how much I hate the cards yet I'll work it up in the description as much as I can.

As the Godfather (Zardoz) once said: "The floggings will continue until moral improves". I stand here ready to take my flogging.

PS. If you are going to call me a liar and claim that the card is mine, at least have the decency to stop by when you come to Vegas so we can settle our dispute bare knuckles, and I'm dead serious. I've never called anyone else on these boards a liar, and I'm getting sick of my integrity being challenged.

Jason
Baseball Card Heaven, the closest card shop to the Las Vegas Strip.

Our current ebay auctions, and of course BaseBallCardHeaven.com

Comments

• Options

sweet pull by your friend...I hope he stopped ripping right then and sold the sealed packs/boxes since he's not going to hit anything else except maybe a Vernon Wells bat/jersey #'d/50 (I know 3 people who this was their "big" card from their boxes)
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Awesome card considering piazza is a real hard auto to get anywhere. he doesnt sign for any companies that i know of except for cards. and his card autos are rare.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Is he going to get it graded by GAI?

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Calling out collectors to have a fist fight is probably not a good business decision.
  • Options
    sweet pull by your friend...I hope he stopped ripping right then and sold the sealed packs/boxes since he's not going to hit anything else except maybe a Vernon Wells bat/jersey #'d/50 (I know 3 people who this was their "big" card from their boxes)

Actually he got another AUTO, an Aubrey Huff #/40 and he said he got a #/25 of a semistar I can't remember, I haven't even seen the cards, I will when I go home. After this pull he'll have to pay for my round the next time we go golfing (we live at Rhodes Ranch golf course which is sweet).

• Options

<< <i>(we live at Rhodes Ranch golf course which is sweet). >>

two guys living together...yeah that does thound thweet
  • Options
    two guys living together...yeah that does thound thweet

You got it man, when we're both doing showgirls and strippers, it is. God I love Vegas.

• Options
    Calling out collectors to have a fist fight is probably not a good business decision.

Neither is repeatedly talking (stuff) about me on these boards basilone. Hey, are you going to the National this year? We should arrange a meeting.

• Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    Yea Im going to be at the National this year.

• Options
    Please gentlemen, who in their right mind would resort to fistacuffs at a baseball card show........ errr...... nevermind.
  • Options
    The situation has been diffused, Jason

• Options
    That's a great way to build your reputation Jason. Threaten others to fistfights. Very easy to do from Las Vegas. I'll be the first to admit that I don't trust you and I wouldn't buy anything from your store. That doesn't mean that you are a cheat or liar, it's just one guy's opinion. I am sure you have many other people that will tell me otherwise, but I don't let others influence my opinion.

I like BeachBum a great deal and he speaks highly of you. And even though he says you are a decent guy, that doesn't mean I have to feel the same. Personally, you might be a great guy, but from a business standpoint, I have questions. A bit shady.

If you are upset about one person or another giving you their opinions, maybe you shouldn't hang out here in the first place. If you are worried about people's opinions having a direct effect on your store, that may be the smartest thing. The fact that you come from one of the dirtiest cities in America doesn't say much either. Keep threatening to go knuckles up with people and you may just get your wish one day from someone who walks in the store and asks you for your name. Not me, I don't condone violence. But anyone else might just take you up on that offer.

I like alot of people on these boards for their intellect and views. That doesn't make them my friend any more than the guy next to me in line at McDonald's. I come on here for a break sometimes and could care less if someone doesn't agree with my views. I tell it like it is, or should I say, how I see it. I don't expect anyone to agree or disagree. I do like it a bit more when they agree though.

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?
  • Options
    Well Roach, since the first day you came on as a newbie and directly called me a liar for no reason which showed your ignorance, I haven't liked you either. At least we can be honest. My beef with Basilone and JoeStalin has been resolved and we can end the tension and help the boards with our posts.

• Options
    Ok KallMaloneSay. At least we are honest with each other. I could at least respect that.

From a collector standpoint I can see why some appreciate your posts. I am sure you help lots of others. I am just looking at it from a business standpoint.

In closing I just want you to remember that my beef with you started only after you responded to one of my threads with complete sarcasm. I then came back at you and the whole thing blew up.

I will say that I will never stake out any of your threads or purposely look for you on the boards. We are two people who don't agree with each other. That's cool by me. I will respond to your threads only if they interest me just as I would anyone else's. I will either agree or disagree depending on your views. That's the beauty of the boards.

In all, remember that this is just a computer message board. Meaningless opinions that no one person should take personal. My rule is that I only value the opinions of those who I respect myself. A rule we should all follow. There is way more important and serious stuff that work us over each day. I can't allow this to do the same. No room left. Take care.

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    blah blah blah...can we get back to the original post?

Great pull by your friend and I find it amazing that were able to pick up boxes that still had 1/1's
    in them...kudos to Greg.

The piazza, while it looks like many of the other 1/1's in this product, is different, wether it be a certain
    color or border these are actually unique. I still can't see how a collector can ask "why didn't they
    number it 1/20 instead.....you and I both know the difference in price would be hundreds! Thats
    good for us! Heck keep it coming playoff!

JS
  • Options
    Roach, sounds good to me. There is a dealer that comes out here to Vegas who I can't stand, he lies, he pulls customers from your tables, etc. But he is perhaps the hardest worker I've ever seen and he is legitimately has love for the hobby, so I respect him and stay out of his way if he stays out of mine. I think you took the sarcasm too far and then things did blow up, but hey, whatever.

Stalin, that's it? No "Na-na-na-naaaaaa! I told you so!" Thanks I guess, did you take it easy on me since I admitted I was a hypocrite? Anyways, I'm just hoping that once I give him the money back from the card he puts it all back into the store, although I'm, sure a very large chunk of it will. It's actually funny because he was already one of my best customers, and when I was sick of my other roommates I had the newspaper classifieds with the "Rooms for Rent" section, which is probably the biggest gamble in all of Vegas. He came in that day and just said "I got an extra room, wanna move in?" It's cool because now he's spending more since he doesn't have to drive across town to pick up a box, I usually just bring them home.

As for the gay thing MXracer, don't even bother going there. I don't really care and I'm not mad, but you should see some of the broads I've landed. My last girlfriend was a showgirl who used to be a stripper in Oklahoma when she was in college. I'm sure you guys would rather see a scan of her instead of the Piazza card tommorrow. Maybe I'll give you both, Jason

• Options

<< <i> I'm sure you guys would rather see a scan of her instead of the Piazza card tommorrow. Maybe I'll give you both, Jason >>

imageimage
  • Options
    JmnesqJmnesq Posts: 250 ✭✭
    Just describe it the way I described MY Piazza 1/1 auto.

Piazza Auto 1/1 - but it really IS a 1/1!

There is only one Diamond Cut Auto. Tons of DIamond King parallel cards. image

Jeff

Collecting Bowman Chrome Phillies Rookie Cards and Mike Schmidt certified auto cards.
  • Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    Women in your private life are better kept sacred.

• Options
    your lying, its your card! see you in vegas!
    lol
    Real recognize REAL