Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1974-P ms66 Ike goes for $1,486 lst night on eBay

Just wondering what you guys think of this price for a 1974-P ms66 Ike? I realize the higher grade/ lower pop Ike's are increasing in value but gee whiz. image $1,486 just seems kind of steep. Do you think it's a case of a deep pocketed bidder or "real value" of that year and grade? Either way, I should have bought this time last year when I had the chance.image
Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"

Comments

• Options
    LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭
    I sold mine for $800.00 last year, I guess that was a mistake.image
    Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭
    See, that's what I mean. Last year at this time they were going for around what you sold yours for and now...image. I can't help but think that some of this is the case of people with lots of disposable income buying key dates at any price. Or has the value increased that much?
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • Options
    LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭
    Not sure but I think the Pop. also went up since last year. That should have make the prices stable but it looks like all P and D high grade IKEs are going up while the S's are going down.
    Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• Options
    I agree about the S mint Silver, I bought what I consider a very nice PCGS 72S in 68 for less than $50.00 including shipping!
    LOOKING FOR PCGS MS 68-SACAGAWEAS AND MS67 SBA'S
    DID I WIN???
    RATS
    I NEVER WIN.
  • Options
    GandyjaiGandyjai Posts: 1,380 ✭✭
    That is one VERY TOUGH Ike to make! Very few 73-P and 74-P PCGS MS66 Ikes have been made in
    the past 2 years. A 73-P MS66 sold for $1,525 on eBay right before this one....It was also
    recently made (a.w. coins, I think)

With so few being made and new collectors coming into the Ike series, how long before these two
    tough Philly MS66's hit $2,000? I predict about a year (if not sooner!).

DHeath is running a contest on what coin will appreciate the most in 2004......
    I picked to 1973-P PCGS MS66 Ike.image

Gandyjai