Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Sacagawea PR70 Price

Sacagawea PR7DCAM on eBay: Last time I looked, these were going for $500 or so (maybe a little higher). Did I miss something or is this just a one-time fluke? Five bidders over $700 and two over $1,000!!

Pete

Comments

• Options
    wayneherndonwayneherndon Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭
    So, what does that make a 2002-S in PR 70 DCAM worth?

WH
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    a well calculated and thought out auction....

and some registry fever....... there is some demand here.....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    Lucky seller!!!

Edsonimage
  • Options
    The next one (at least the next one I saw) sold a week ago with just a single bid at the start price of $699.
    Here it is.
    And now, a week later, that buyer is trying to flip it: Current sale. Be interesting to see how this turns out. I'd still sort of like one, but I just can't believe those prices are going to hold.

Pete
  • Options
    tompkins, I was that lucky seller you mentioned in your first post here. When I purchased it, I did so with the idea of holding on to it long term. Circumstances dictated otherwise.

Considering that I was hoping that it would sell for between $600 and $700, I consider myself very lucky for the feeding frenzy that took that auction over $1,000.

If anyone has a chance to deal with ms70platinum on eBay, consider this... He paid for this auction within minutes of the auction closing and his communications were excellent! Highly recommended by me.

Do I think that the $1,000+ prices will hold for the 2002-S PR70DCAMs? I don't think so in the short term. When I sold this one, it was a pop 36 coin but someone has made another one since then. Only 10 of the 37 are currently listed in the Registry.

Will DHRC get the $1,699 he has/had listed on his web site for a PCGS PR70DCAM 2002-S Sacagawea? Probably a good price for that one. Its a pop 12 coin and the population has remained constant for some time now. Only 5 of these are currently in the registry.

Considering that there are seven 2002-S and twenty-seven 2003-S PR70DCAM Sacagaweas not listed in the Registry, I'd be expecting to see more sellers coming out of the woodwork over the next several months.

• Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    I wanted Matts 70...i was gonna offer 400 for it to him privately, but i knew it had more potential...so I just kept his post top n watched it fly...ill get mine one day image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    whats pop now?

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    PCGS PR70DCAM Pops (as of earlier today from looking at the registry):
    2002S - 12
    2003S - 37
  • Options
    And it sold this morning for the $949 buy it now. So while I still think at this pop level the price is pretty steep, maybe Matthews $1000+ sale a few weks back wasn't as much an anomaly as I keep thinking.

Pete
  • Options
    I think that it all depends on how quickly the other ones come to market. Keep in mind that several PCGS PR70DCAM 2003-S Sacagaweas sold in the $400-$500 range in December. image
  • Options

<< <i>Keep in mind that several PCGS PR70DCAM 2003-S Sacagaweas sold in the $400-$500 range in December >>

I know! That's why I quit bidding on your's when it got above about $600; and I didn't bid on this latest one either two weeks ago at the $700 level or this time at the $800 level. We'll see if time proves me right or wrong. Few enough people are in the market for these that a couple months can make a huge difference in either direction. Matt had the good fortune of three people fighting over his! And now we have a history of three consecutive $700 and above sales, which, by itself, will slant the market upward for awhile. But if, two months from now, another shows up and only one person is truly in the market, I would expect the price to drop back to something more realistic for a pop37.

At these prices, it makes DHRC's $1699 for the pop12 2002 in the ballpark!

Pete